cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your phone and personal data are more vulnerable to attack by apps from unknown sources.Prompt

scott_green_564
Explorer
So i've made a custom patching system for my occulus go app and i'm trying to install the new APK.

Everything works fine except this prompt that pops up renders once on each screen (so its double visioned) and I can't seem to interact with it.

Is this a bug? Help 😞
12 REPLIES 12

scott_green_564
Explorer
"Your phone and personal data are more vulnerable to attack by apps from unknown sources. You agree that you are solely responsible for any damage to your phone or loss of data that may result from using these apps" is the prompt 

scott_green_564
Explorer
Bump. Any assistance at all would be great

scott_green_564
Explorer
Hello? 😕

scott_green_564
Explorer

scott_green_564
Explorer
edit - duplicate bump (sorry)

nat42
Explorer
Is the device (Go? or Gear VR? btw) in developer mode?

Are you installing the APK using adb as recommended?

Does this only occur using your "custom deployment system", if so maybe don't use that?

scott_green_564
Explorer

nat42 said:

Is the device (Go? or Gear VR? btw) in developer mode?

Are you installing the APK using adb as recommended?

Does this only occur using your "custom deployment system", if so maybe don't use that?

Occulus GO (in dev mode)

Installing APK via Android intent / URI

It occurs whenever i try to install any kind of APK via Android Intent. The "Allow / Disallow" prompt is bugged and non interactable

nat42
Explorer

Installing APK via Android intent / URI

It occurs whenever i try to install any kind of APK via Android Intent. The "Allow / Disallow" prompt is bugged and non interactable

Is there something in the doc that suggests that as something that should be supported, I'm just getting started but what I've seen in the documentation only suggested using adb to sideload dev builds?

hellei92
Honored Guest
hello @"scott.green.564" , I am having the same issue. Did you find a solution in the end? I can't find any on my own.