cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

controllers not moving

UPrepMakers
Explorer

Hello,

My controllers stopped working when entering game mode. They work fine on the hub and the device is connected properly to my PC with the link cable. I'm working on Unity and can edit without issues, when I enter game mode, I can see and move my head around but the controllers are stationary in one place and can't move, nothing works. Has anybody had similar issues? Any help is greatly appreciated! 

5 REPLIES 5

UPrepMakers
Explorer

'Enable Input Tracking' is enabled, but Position and/or Rotation Action is disabled. The pose of the controller will not be updated correctly until the Input Actions are enabled. Input Actions in an Input Action Asset must be explicitly enabled to read the current value of the action. The Input Action Manager behavior can be added to a GameObject in a Scene and used to enable all Input Actions in a referenced Input Action Asset.
UnityEngine.XR.Interaction.Toolkit.XRBaseController:Update () (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.xr.interaction.toolkit@2.1.1/Runtime/Interaction/Controllers/XRBaseController.cs:292)

This is the error I get when entering game mode. 

Ifionfomy
Honored Guest

Hello, I have the same problem and the same Warning message during Play mode.

• Everthing except the controller position works. I can rotate, grab and everything else with both controllers.
  • In script "XR Controller (Action-based)" everything is checked ("Enable Input Tracking" and "Position Action" as well. The reverence is set to "XRI RightHand/Position" for RightHand Controller.
  • I use Unity 2021.3.9f1 Personal with an URP project.
  • Packages installed are "Oculus XR Plugin (3.0.2), OpenXR Plugin (1.4.2), XR Interaction Toolkit (2.0.3) (with Controller samples) and XR Plugin Management (4.2.1). They are all up to date.

Ifionfomy
Honored Guest

Following this introduction worked for me: How to Make a VR Game in Unity 2022 - PART 1 

JohnIsInVR
Explorer

I also ran into this issue on Unity 2021.3.11f1 and XRI 2.0.4. Make sure you've added an XR Interaction Manager to the scene and on that add an Input Action Manager component to it. Then under "Action Assets" click the add button and find the XRI samples folder's "XR Default Input Actions."

SaWa2022
Explorer

I already added the Input Action Manager, but now the rays are on the floor and moving jerkily to the right and left and are not really under my control