cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

localavatar hands not appearing in new oculus integration update

bullseye179
Honored Guest
As of Oculus Integration 1.39 released today (7/26/2019) on the unity asset store, unity no longer renders the an Oculus Quest's player hands when using the default OVRPlayerController plus LocalAvatar combination. There doesn't seem to be an easy way to fix. Any suggestions?
31 REPLIES 31

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just got the new 7.0 Update today and can verify that this does not work for me as well. I have built a fresh Unity project with Unity 2019.1.6f1, installed the new Oculus Integration 1.39 that was released today (7/26/2019), and built the startup scene for Oculus Quest. Result is no hands. I also did not have hands prior to updating while running 1.38.

Is this a problem in the 7.0 update or the Integration?

Also, why does the "new" spatializer force 2d when running in the Editor? This worked fine with 1.37 and the older spatializer.

bullseye179
Honored Guest
I found the solution from other posts in this topic. I just didn't look hard enough. Just make sure to do:
Oculus/Tools/Create store-compatible AndroidManifest.xml

Anonymous
Not applicable
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="no"?>
<manifest xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android"
    android:installLocation="auto">
    <uses-feature android:name="android.hardware.vr.headtracking" android:version="1" android:required="true" /><!-- Request the headset DoF mode -->
    <application
        android:allowBackup="false">
        <activity
            android:theme="@android:style/Theme.Black.NoTitleBar.Fullscreen"
            android:configChanges="locale|fontScale|keyboard|keyboardHidden|mcc|mnc|navigation|orientation|screenLayout|screenSize|smallestScreenSize|touchscreen|uiMode"
            android:launchMode="singleTask"
            android:name="com.unity3d.player.UnityPlayerActivity"
            android:excludeFromRecents="true">
            <intent-filter>
                <action android:name="android.intent.action.MAIN"/>
                <category android:name="android.intent.category.INFO"/>
            </intent-filter>
        </activity>
        <meta-data android:name="unityplayer.SkipPermissionsDialog" android:value="false" />
    </application>
</manifest>

This is what is created. This still doesn't show my hands. More info: using single pass rendering.

mrdavlet
Honored Guest
have no hands too...) bump!

SilentAce07
Explorer
Make sure the manifest indicates:
   <uses-feature android:name="android.hardware.vr.headtracking" android:version="1" android:required="true" />

Or just have it auto generate one like above suggestion. 

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have reverted back to Oculus Integration 1.37. The manifest changes above allow me to run again and my hands are showing (I was crashing after the 7.0 update before when the hands were shown in 1.37.)

I am no longer blocked, but I will not be updating to 1.39... ever.

rodrigo_ruizurr
Honored Guest

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="no"?>
<manifest xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android"
    android:installLocation="auto">
    <uses-feature android:name="android.hardware.vr.headtracking" android:version="1" android:required="true" /><!-- Request the headset DoF mode -->
    <application
        android:allowBackup="false">
        <activity
            android:theme="@android:style/Theme.Black.NoTitleBar.Fullscreen"
            android:configChanges="locale|fontScale|keyboard|keyboardHidden|mcc|mnc|navigation|orientation|screenLayout|screenSize|smallestScreenSize|touchscreen|uiMode"
            android:launchMode="singleTask"
            android:name="com.unity3d.player.UnityPlayerActivity"
            android:excludeFromRecents="true">
            <intent-filter>
                <action android:name="android.intent.action.MAIN"/>
                <category android:name="android.intent.category.INFO"/>
            </intent-filter>
        </activity>
        <meta-data android:name="unityplayer.SkipPermissionsDialog" android:value="false" />
    </application>
</manifest>

This is what is created. This still doesn't show my hands. More info: using single pass rendering.

This won't wont, you have to change it to
 <category android:name="android.intent.category.LAUNCHER"/>
i'm running fine again with integration 1.39.

Also middle finger for you oculus for throwing this at us without any warning :P, i lost all day testing and solving this issue

blobworks
Explorer
Any chance someone could post their working xml here? When I auto generate the xml, not only do I not see the hands / avatar, even the joystick movement is extremely buggy. However, by adding the line suggested above and replacing INFO to LAUNCHER, while I still do not see any hands, I could at least reliably glide around and turn with the joysticks, so it improved it, but still not fully working. Thanks!

chilton
Protege
For me, it was this easy:
Remove androidmanifest.xml, then add a store compatible one. 
That fixed all of these issues for me.