cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4.21 Reset Position now places camera at pawn origin (ignores Set Tracking Origin: Floor Level)

Alexotronic
Explorer
Hello,

In 4.20 (SDK v1.25) if you call "Reset Orientation and Position" (Through BP or through Oculus pause menu) you would remain at the same height (assuming you Set Tracking Origin to Floor Level)

in 4.21 (SDK v1.28) calling this results with camera being placed back to the origin.

With a Vive, calling reset position has always moved camera to origin.

Is this a regression or are apps now expected to all use "Eye Level" origins?

Thanks,

Alex

3 REPLIES 3

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just tried to upgrade a project to 4.21 to fix some other issues. Noticed this new issue. At the beginning of my project I have a widget that asks the user to sit in a chair, then click a button to continue. On that button I run a 'Reset Orientation and Position' and advance to the next level where they should appear seated behind a desk. In 4.20 this worked fine. Now, when the next level loads, it completely forgets the Reset. I then try to reset again and it places the camera on the floor. Not expected behavior. Not sure how to fix.

Mohammed_hashim
Expert Protege
@Alexotronic @rfellers , did any if you guys able to fix this issue? i'm facing same problem here and my app got rejected due to this issue.
Edit: fixed already.
Thanks

Alexotronic
Explorer
Adding a vrnotifications component to my pawn resolves this issue.

Cheers to Mohammed for figuring this out! https://forums.oculusvr.com/start/discussion/comment/657803