Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Entitlement Failed

Hiddendawn
Explorer
Hi all,

Working on an oculus go game,
i'm stuck for about 2 days with the "verify entitlement" node.
I tried to find answers in forum, but none seemed to work for me /

I started a brand new project in Unreal with C++ activated.

Here is the log message from Unreal when i try to package it to astc format
muemyulsu83p.jpg
I created an organisation and an app in my oculus dashboard. (but didn't load the compiled app to the dashboard)

My Unreal config :
Modify of DefaultEngine.ini :
hjrynr9yatj4.jpg
(My AppID is the one given by oculus.)
Modify of AndroidEngine :
z9yzqlm04ysf.jpg
I tried to put NativePlatformService:Oculus on AndroidEngineBase without any success.

I changed my build.cs file to :
029id1qu1t5c.jpg
And added Lvl blueprints to my map :
n54pzg6dp9gk.jpg
I tried a lot of different configurations, but all of them failed the entitlement test.

I'm not sure how to write correctly the Android Package Name :
on the oculus dashboard i created an organisation : "galomstudios" and an app : "Oculus_Try"
is the android package name : "com.oculus.galomstudios.Oculus_Try" correct?

Thank you for your reply, if you need more information, i will be happy to provide them.

18 REPLIES 18

IanSharar22
Protege
I had a similar experience and fixed it, it ended up being my default engine INI file. I don't remember which, but I either had to switch out "OculusAppId" with "RiftAppId", or vice versa. then it finally worked. I think if you're making it for the oculus go, there's even another name. EDIT: i think its this: GearVRAppId=<mobile app id here>

Hiddendawn
Explorer
Thank you for your quick answer,
The first warning disappear when i replace OculusAppId with RiftAppId, but it doesnt fix the other lines, i still got the : "Failure code -5" //

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm in Unity, but I had an issue with entitlement check.  It doesn't handle the error for you by default, so you have to go into the entitlement check script to handle the error yourself.  Not sure if that is the same in Unreal as it was in Unity, but I just added an application.Quit() on the switch case where it failed, and that worked.  For testing not ideal but if it was for the store review you have to handle that error yourself.

Hiddendawn
Explorer
Thank you for your reply,
I spend a couple of hours looking into the code without finding any viable solution.
Is there someone who knows what "failure code -5" means??

IanSharar22
Protege

Thank you for your quick answer,
The first warning disappear when i replace OculusAppId with RiftAppId, but it doesnt fix the other lines, i still got the : "Failure code -5" //

Have you tried replacing OculusAppId with GearVRAppId instead?  I think thats the correct one for Go apps.
I only ask because of this line "
The first step in integrating the SDK is using your App Id to initialize the SDK "
It seems the app ID is really important to make it initialize, gonna wanna get that right!

Neontop
Heroic Explorer
Hi , I'm not working on Android but for me to resolve a problem in a past with the Platform SDK , I found that putting both OculuAppsId and RiftAppId was a solution.

Hiddendawn
Explorer

Hiddendawn
Explorer
Hi,

Yes i tried GearVRAppID too, but with no better result.

JacksonGordon  :  i found the code to change in this topic :
But with no improvement//

Neontop : i don't have the first warning, (but same when i tried with only RiftAppId) ,
LogOnline: Display: Oculus: FOnlineSubsystemOculus::InitWithWindowsPlatform()
LogOnline: Warning: Oculus: Failed to initialize the Oculus Platform SDK! Failure code: -5
LogOnline: Warning: Oculus: Oculus API failed to initialize!
LogOnlineEntitlement: Warning: Oculus: Oculus platform service not available. Skipping entitlement check.

The problem is this Failure code -5, not the Id thing.

I tried the OculusPlatformSample with the same error..

mouse_bear
Retired Support
@Hiddendawn Let me reach out to some folks regarding this. In the meantime, do you have the latest version of the Oculus runtime installed?