cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I get OVR Lip Sync working in UE 5?

zonfar
Explorer

I'm having issues getting OVR lip sync running in UE 5, it works in 4.27 great.

I've seen a user mention he got OVR working in UE5 by editing OVRLipSync.Build.cs and adding "AndroidPermission" to PublicDependencyModuleNames.AddRange.

I've done this with a successful compile in visual studio, the plugin even loads in UE5, however when I attempt generating a lip sync file from an audio source, unreal instantly crashes.

4 REPLIES 4

qian.yang
Honored Guest

Is your problem solved? I have a temporary solution, you just need to find the picture with the red line and add SoundWave->LoadingBehavior = ESoundWaveLoadingBehavior::ForceInline;
Hope this works for you

图片1.png

iuliaaa2110
Honored Guest

Hi, did you solve the issue? I am having a very similar problem. In my case it doesn't crash, but creates an empty not working object.. 😞

lgwong
Honored Guest

I'm also having the same issue,  .wav file conversion to OVR asset is empty. All the values are zero. 

UE also always crashes the first time it tries to convert. Upon re-opening UE, it claims to convert, but it's an empty object.

shammi.seth
Honored Guest

Hello were you able to package the build. When i try to package it showing errors. 

Running UnrealHeaderTool "D:\Build\Package\OVRLipSync\HostProject\HostProject.uproject" "D:\Build\Package\OVRLipSync\HostProject\Intermediate\Build\Win64\UE4Editor\Development\UE4Editor.uhtmanifest" -LogCmds="loginit warning, logexit warning, logdatabase error" -Unattended -WarningsAsErrors -abslog="C:\Users\sssh
a\AppData\Roaming\Unreal Engine\AutomationTool\Logs\C+Program+Files+Epic+Games+UE_4.27\UHT-UE4Editor-Win64-Development.txt" -installed
UATHelper: Package Plugin Task (Windows): LogInit: Display: Loading text-based GConfig....
UATHelper: Package Plugin Task (Windows): D:/Build/Package/OVRLipSync/HostProject/Plugins/OVRLipSync/Source/OVRLipSync/Public/OVRLipSyncLiveActorComponent.h(47) : LogCompile: Error: An explicit Category specifier is required for any property exposed to the editor or Blueprints in an Engine module.
UATHelper: Package Plugin Task (Windows): D:/Build/Package/OVRLipSync/HostProject/Plugins/OVRLipSync/Source/OVRLipSync/Public/OVRLipSyncLiveActorComponent.h(50) : LogCompile: Error: An explicit Category specifier is required for any property exposed to the editor or Blueprints in an Engine module.
UATHelper: Package Plugin Task (Windows): D:/Build/Package/OVRLipSync/HostProject/Plugins/OVRLipSync/Source/OVRLipSync/Public/OVRLipSyncLiveActorComponent.h(53) : LogCompile: Error: An explicit Category specifier is required for any property exposed to the editor or Blueprints in an Engine module.
UATHelper: Package Plugin Task (Windows): D:/Build/Package/OVRLipSync/HostProject/Plugins/OVRLipSync/Source/OVRLipSync/Public/OVRLipSyncLiveActorComponent.h(56) : LogCompile: Error: An explicit Category specifier is required for any property exposed to the editor or Blueprints in an Engine module.
UATHelper: Package Plugin Task (Windows): D:/Build/Package/OVRLipSync/HostProject/Plugins/OVRLipSync/Source/OVRLipSync/Public/OVRLipSyncPlaybackActorComponent.h(39) : LogCompile: Error: An explicit Category specifier is required for any property exposed to the editor or Blueprints in an Engine module.
UATHelper: Package Plugin Task (Windows): D:/Build/Package/OVRLipSync/HostProject/Plugins/OVRLipSync/Source/OVRLipSync/Public/OVRLipSyncPlaybackActorComponent.h(42) : LogCompile: Error: An explicit Category specifier is required for any property exposed to the editor or Blueprints in an Engine module.
UATHelper: Package Plugin Task (Windows): Took 26.0820016s to run UnrealBuildTool.exe, ExitCode=6
UATHelper: Package Plugin Task (Windows): UnrealBuildTool failed. See log for more details. (C:\Users\sssha\AppData\Roaming\Unreal Engine\AutomationTool\Logs\C+Program+Files+Epic+Games+UE_4.27\UBT-UE4Editor-Win64-Development.txt)
UATHelper: Package Plugin Task (Windows): AutomationTool exiting with ExitCode=6 (6)
UATHelper: Package Plugin Task (Windows): BUILD FAILED