cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you specify the AppID in DefaultEngine.ini for OCULUS QUEST!?

twistedpixel_bob
Expert Protege
So little documentation.  I used to specify our AppID for the Quest using "QuestAppId=xxxxx" and "GearVRAppId=xxxxxx".  That was a guess, because I cannot find it documented anywhere.  But it worked.  However, since 4.25 our entitlement is failing and it says 'AppID found in Library does NOT match the appID in the bundle.'

AFAIK, for the Rift you use "OculusAppId" and/or "RiftAppId".  But what about Quest?  Is the problem just that Unreal has stopped signing the apps correctly overall?  Anyone packaging games for quest and attempting to sign into the store?  Anyone *from* Oculus ever read these forums anymore?

7 REPLIES 7

twistedpixel_bob
Expert Protege
OK by going through the source code, it appears that this has been changed to 'MobileAppId'. Would really like to know where the documentation for this stuff is.

motorsep
Rising Star

twistedpixel_bob
Expert Protege
That is where the information SHOULD go, but sadly it is not there.

motorsep
Rising Star

That is where the information SHOULD go, but sadly it is not there.

I am not sure I understand. What's not there ?

twistedpixel_bob
Expert Protege
Did you read my post?  There is no mention of 'MobileAppId', nor was there any mention of 'QuestAppId' before 4.25.

motorsep
Rising Star

Did you read my post?  There is no mention of 'MobileAppId', nor was there any mention of 'QuestAppId' before 4.25.

Yeah, I did. Did you report the bug to Oculus (whether is a bug in the engine or bug in the documentation) ?

twistedpixel_bob
Expert Protege
I will do that, thanks.