cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to apply entitlement check?

artberry
Explorer
I'm using 4.11 Unreal engine.

I copied oculus plugin to the Plugins folder.

And I edited DefaultEngine.ini

I attached 
PrivateDependencyModuleNames.Add("OnlineSubsystem"); to the projectName.build.cs file

zl7yauatwe38.png
MyProjectName.build.cs

e019yal1b6b3.png
MyActor.h
u6vdg5p2yrgs.png
MyActor.cpp

ih804veg9kjk.png
LevelBluePrint 

I game toggled trigger and crashed.

nofgdoh1d93h.png
at this point. I don't know where is wrong.

Help me please. thank you.
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

brian_jew
Expert Protege
The plugin in https://developer3.oculus.com/downloads/platform/1.8.0/Oculus_Platform_SDK/ should support UE4.10 - UE4.12.  UE4.13 and on would have the plugin integrated directly in the engine.

It looks like you are trying to use it with a blueprint.  There's a built-in entitlement check under Oculus -> Entitlement:

p1joifbd5rim.png

You can then act on what to do if the player passes or fails.  (It doesn't take in an actor because there's only one logged in user per machine)

View solution in original post

motorsep
Rising Star
Speaking of 1.8.0, it won't be in official UE4 release until 4.14 😞

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

motorsep
Rising Star
Afaik 4.11 doesn't even support latest SDK. You have to use 4.13

artberry
Explorer
I tested 1.2.1 plugins version 

It also crashed too. 

I will try to test in unreal 4.13

brian_jew
Expert Protege
The plugin in https://developer3.oculus.com/downloads/platform/1.8.0/Oculus_Platform_SDK/ should support UE4.10 - UE4.12.  UE4.13 and on would have the plugin integrated directly in the engine.

It looks like you are trying to use it with a blueprint.  There's a built-in entitlement check under Oculus -> Entitlement:

p1joifbd5rim.png

You can then act on what to do if the player passes or fails.  (It doesn't take in an actor because there's only one logged in user per machine)

motorsep
Rising Star
Speaking of 1.8.0, it won't be in official UE4 release until 4.14 😞

sporx
Adventurer
I am using the blueprint node as well.  When testing a build in the Alpha Channel of the build depots, the app passes and I can play the game i'm developing.  When testing a stand-alone version that has been packaged to my desktop, the entitlement fails and shuts down the program after generating a message as intended.  This behavior leads me to believe that entitlement has been correctly implemented (with *.ini modification, and game.build.cs code implemented), however submission validation results indicate that entitlement checks fail.  Any advice in the matter would be appreciated.  Using UE 4.14.  

DunkenKBliths
Honored Guest
Using 4.15 and cant see any Entitlement Verification in the standard tool ?

HELP !!!

DunkenKBliths
Honored Guest

brian_jew said:

p1joifbd5rim.png

I have implemented this on our latest VR app, but keeps being rejected by your "Review Process" I have checked the user logged in on my machine and it works...I don't know where to go now...as there is no way to test this at my end ...