cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MATCHMAKING Sessions Timeout/Fail to Connect.

brandon6ense
Explorer
Hey Unreal Oculus Community,

Our matchmaking sessions started breaking recently, it seems to have happened from under us as we have many old builds that used to work that no longer. They all fail in the same way...

Here is the gist of it:
1. Create a session and set the host as a listen server. (Either open the level with the parameter listen or reload the level with listen)
** We are using a browse pool, with no options. As simple as can be.
2. On the Client join the session with the same pool name.
3. Session is joined successfully (on success branch gets hit) but fails to complete as it times out, the session will end itself.
4. The host never sees the player, never even gets a sniff that they tried to connect.

We have tried this with multiple machines, one on the same LAN, one not.

We have a sample project ready to send to you via DropBox as well.

This is in 4.18.3 using the Oculus GitHub version of the source to create a Distribution build that we have been using for many months. This problem recently showed up with NO code or content changes.

Thx,Brandon

28 REPLIES 28

brandon6ense
Explorer
Relevant Logs...

Please note this comes after the OnSuccess branch of the Join Session Node
and of course after successfully finding the session.

[2018.11.07-23.34.15:708][670]LogNet: Warning: UNetConnection::Tick: Connection TIMED OUT. Closing connection. Elapsed: 60.00, Real: 60.00, Good: 60.00, DriverTime: 60.00, Threshold: 60.00, [UNetConnection] RemoteAddr:  [My User Number].oculus, Name: OculusNetConnection_0, Driver: PendingNetDriver OculusNetDriver_0, IsServer: NO, PC: NULL, Owner: NULL

[2018.11.07-23.34.15:708][670]LogNet: Warning: Network Failure: PendingNetDriver[ConnectionTimeout]: UNetConnection::Tick: Connection TIMED OUT. Closing connection. Elapsed: 60.00, Real: 60.00, Good: 60.00, DriverTime: 60.00, Threshold: 60.00, [UNetConnection] RemoteAddr: [My User Number].oculus, Name: OculusNetConnection_0, Driver: PendingNetDriver OculusNetDriver_0, IsServer: NO, PC: NULL, Owner: NULL
[2018.11.07-23.34.15:708][670]LogNet: NetworkFailure: ConnectionTimeout, Error: 'UNetConnection::Tick: Connection TIMED OUT. Closing connection. Elapsed: 60.00, Real: 60.00, Good: 60.00, DriverTime: 60.00, Threshold: 60.00, [UNetConnection] RemoteAddr: [My User Number].oculus, Name: OculusNetConnection_0, Driver: PendingNetDriver OculusNetDriver_0, IsServer: NO, PC: NULL, Owner: NULL'

[2018.11.07-23.34.15:708][670]LogNet: UNetConnection::Close: [UNetConnection] RemoteAddr:  [My User Number].oculus, Name: OculusNetConnection_0, Driver: PendingNetDriver OculusNetDriver_0, IsServer: NO, PC: NULL, Owner: NULL, Channels: 2, Time: 2018.11.07-23.34.15

[2018.11.07-23.34.15:708][670]LogNet: UChannel::Close: Sending CloseBunch. ChIndex == 0. Name: [UChannel] ChIndex: 0, Closing: 0 [UNetConnection] RemoteAddr:  [My User Number].oculus, Name: OculusNetConnection_0, Driver: PendingNetDriver OculusNetDriver_0, IsServer: NO, PC: NULL, Owner: NULL

[2018.11.07-23.34.15:708][670]LogNet: DestroyNamedNetDriver OculusNetDriver_0 [PendingNetDriver]

brandon6ense
Explorer
Fails similarily after upgrading the test project to 4.20.3 using Oculus GitHub version of UE4.

Mohammed_hashim
Expert Protege
Hi brandon6ense
Did you able to fix the issue or still? i'm having same issue, spent 2 days with experimenting and can't tell if Oculus server is down or the plugin have a bug or the problem is from my side.

Mohammed_hashim
Expert Protege
Hi @brandon6ense
just made a comment not sure where did it go, anyway did you able to fix the issue or still? 

m_milazzo
Protege
As far as I know it's their problem... Also me I'm experimenting the very same problem since last week (with 4.19.2 and r.40.1)

brandon6ense
Explorer

Hi @brandon6ense
just made a comment not sure where did it go, anyway did you able to fix the issue or still? 

It is still an issue. I am sure many games in the store are now broken as well. We are all waiting on a fix.

Mohammed_hashim
Expert Protege

Hi @brandon6ense

It is still an issue. I am sure many games in the store are now broken as well. We are all waiting on a fix.

Yes seems it is, i just got a replay to my ticket from Ouclus team and they said they are working on it. Hope they fix it soon.

Mohammed_hashim
Expert Protege

@Mohammed_hashim

@brandon6ense

@ginopeloso

Can you guys let me know what version of Oculus runtime you are using?

Hi, I used epic launcher UE4 latest 4.21 based on the official release note it say (Oculus Runtime: 1.28  )
Btw I tested on UE4 4.20 and 4.16 which i 'm sure both have different Runtime version.
As for Oculus software package installed on my win10 its the latest one 1.32 since autoupdate is enabled but i don't know how to check the runtime version of it,  i'm sure you guys can find that out based on the Software version i mentioned.

Mohammed_hashim
Expert Protege

@Mohammed_hashim

It is possible to have a different oculus runtime version as new versions are rolled out gradually. This is why I am asking you to check. Thanks for the additional details.

Are you referring to the runtime thats installed with the Oculus software? if so how could you tell me how can i check it?

Thanks