cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Unreal Integration - v1.37 (05/21/19)

mouse_bear
Retired Support

Version 1.37 of our integration for Unreal Engine 4.22 has been released!

For more information, see our Unreal Engine Developer Guide.

Note: You must log into a subscribed GitHub account first, otherwise you will get a 404 error from the link below.

You can grab the latest version of the Oculus UE4 Source here: 
More information about this release can be found here.

New Features

• The 1.37 Oculus Integration for Unreal adds development support for the Rift S headset.
  • Added support for Android External Surfaces to support high-definition video playback to Unreal compositor layers.
  • Added support Equirect compositor layers.
  • Updates to the Oculus Platform Tool to support additional launch settings and expansion files.
  • Vulkan updates -
    • Fixed miscellaneous MSAA bugs.
    • Added support for sRGB render target.
    • Added engine-side support for FFR. This feature will require a future Oculus Quest runtime update for end-to-end support.
    • Added engine-side support for multiview. This feature will require a future Oculus Quest runtime update for end-to-end support.

Known Issues

• A significant drop in frame rate occurs when UE4 is not in focus in VR preview mode. To avoid this issue, uncheck the Use Less CPU when in Background in Edit > Editor Preferences > General (left sidebar) > Miscellaneous (left sidebar) > Performance.
  • Exclusive Mode issues: Setting the mirror window to full-screen exclusive mode will not work correctly if the monitor and HMD are connected to different GPUs.

The thread for the previous version (v1.36) can be found here: https://forums.oculusvr.com/developer/discussion/74997/oculus-unreal-integration-v1-36-04-23-19
10 REPLIES 10

motorsep
Rising Star
@NinjaGaijin

Not seeing 4.22.2 + 1.37 in the releases on Github 😞 Is it safe to assume it's coming there really soon ?

Also wondering about Vulkan - is it for Quest only or for both Quest and Go ?

Thanks

Mathhole
Honored Guest
Hot damn, I'm so excited to finally switch to Vulkan!!

Will the FFR and Multiview support also work on Go?

yomuneco_guest
Honored Guest
Our application is developing with UE4.21. 
but we have trouble as any errors and crash application when launch with Rift S.
Is it need UE4.22 for Rift S support ?

virtualHCG
Expert Protege
This GitHub 4.22 version with Oculus Audio enabled is crashing each time I stop playing in Editor. Audio spatialization works but as soon as I stop the whole engine crashes with this error:

5s5x27lkmqa3.jpg

@NinjaGaijin

winning777
Protege
Oculus ue4 branch 4.22 , application crashes in quest on startup trying to use vulkan api, no errors or warnings in log files...  
removing ffr and multiview made it work

Waves
Explorer
I can see UE4 VR Preview in the Rift S after merging and building the oculus github source. Previously with Epic's source build I was just getting a blank screen. However oculus touch controllers for the Rift S are still not responding.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Neontop
Heroic Explorer
Deleted my comment as it was for Quest.

Waves
Explorer
Nevermind .. This turned out to be one of those times when you post something and the thing starts working immediately after.

Works flawlessly with UE4 4.22.2 and Rift S.. Thanks for the integration.

winning777
Protege

Neontop said:

Deleted my comment as it was for Quest.

the post relates to the github 4.22.2 ue4 oculus branch which affects the QUEST as well, so if you have any useful info/bugs please share them