cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Unreal Integration - v1.38 (06/21/19)

mouse_bear
Retired Support

Version 1.38 of our integration for Unreal Engine 4.22 has been released!

For more information, see our Unreal Engine Developer Guide.

Note: You must log into a subscribed GitHub account first, otherwise you will get a 404 error from the link below.

You can grab the latest version of the Oculus UE4 Source here: 
More information about this release can be found here.

New Features

Integration Changes

• Updated the Oculus Unreal Integration to 1.38.

API Changes

• Renamed the TiledMultiRes setting to FixedFoveatedRendering.

Bug Fixes

• Miscellaneous bug fixes and performance improvements.

Known Issues

• A significant drop in frame rate occurs when UE4 is not in focus in VR preview mode. To avoid this issue, uncheck the Use Less CPU when in Background in Edit > Editor Preferences > General (left sidebar) > Miscellaneous (left sidebar) > Performance.
  • Exclusive Mode issues: Setting the mirror window to full-screen exclusive mode will not work correctly if the monitor and HMD are connected to different GPUs.
The thread for the previous version (v1.37) can be found here: https://forums.oculusvr.com/developer/discussion/75864/oculus-unreal-integration-v1-37-05-21-19
5 REPLIES 5

motorsep
Level 8
@NinjaGaijin

Any ETA for 4.22.3 with 1.38 Integration to appear on Oculus github ?

Also wondering if Audio SDK 1.38.0 and Platform SDK 1.36.0 will make it into 4.22.3 Integration release.

Thanks

motorsep
Level 8
I wonder what does this mean ? (got it from the dev blog)
  • Added support for Equirect compositor layers
Also, still wondering about ETA for 4.22.3 with 1.38 Integration to appear on Oculus github and about Audio SDK / Platform SDK updates for UE4.

@NinjaGaijin ^^

Pinworm45
Level 4
I'm having some issues with this update. If I add the plugin to the specific project, it works, but if I put it in the unreal plugins area to use with any project, it won't work - I get a request to recompile from source.

Not the end of the world I guess. What's a bigger issue is that when a project is closed and opened again, the sequence will not work. They all need to be remade, the visemes/morphs outputs nothing until they're rebuilt.

Any ideas?

Edit: Here's sample video. I use my own function for the sequence but it happens even in example project with no edits.

https://streamable.com/vu5b1

Edit2: @NinjaGaijin

This problem also happens in packaged games, IE packaged games will not work (it fails to compile).

There's a few areas with logs so I will collect some logs and update those here - I will do that tonight as I have a busy day.

motorsep
Level 8
@NinjaGaijin By chance, any news on 4.22.3 + Integrations ?

reinaldo.vieira
Level 3
Also wondering on this integration since ue4 4.22.3 fixed oculus memory leaks but is still on oculus sdk 1.37...