cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus fork of UE 5.0.3 crashes on start up with VR projects

tfrogley
Honored Guest

Hi

I am attempting to migrate my Oculus VR project from UE 5.0.2 to 5.0.3 using oculus-5.0-v47 from ac4728013d6b95e3aecde14984bac4af77fdf732

After updating my VR project from UE 5.0.2 to 5.0.3 the editor no longer boots, it crashes after GetD3DRHI returns null in FD3D12RenderBridge::GetGraphicsBinding.

I have a 2070 Super, DXDiag says feature levels 12_1, 12_0, 11_1 and 11_0 are all available.

In case there was a problem with my project, I have tried using an example project from a popular VR plugin, and when the problem reproduced with that project as well, I tried creating a blank game project and a new project based on the VR template.

The editor starts up okay with new non-VR project. The VR template project has the same problem.

I am unsure how to proceed. As far as I can tell a new VR project made using the latest release of the oculus fork of unreal just doesn't work. Can you suggest next-steps? 

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

tfrogley
Honored Guest

Hi. This is just to say, I got to the bottom of this, in the end it wasn't a problem in the oculus branch, but with the setup.bat not completing successfully, resulting in my local engine folder still having some of the old directx dlls from 5.0.2.

The solution:

using git cli for windows:
$ git clean -ffdx
$ ./Setup.bat
$ ./GenerateProjectFiles.bat

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

tfrogley
Honored Guest

Hi. This is just to say, I got to the bottom of this, in the end it wasn't a problem in the oculus branch, but with the setup.bat not completing successfully, resulting in my local engine folder still having some of the old directx dlls from 5.0.2.

The solution:

using git cli for windows:
$ git clean -ffdx
$ ./Setup.bat
$ ./GenerateProjectFiles.bat