cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus subsystem and dedicated server connection issue

Eanir
Protege
My game has an open world running on a dedicated server where clients can join and leave any time. It also has PvP sessions using Oculus' matchmaking service. To use the matchmaking service I have to use the OculusNetConnection net driver. If I set this up in DefaultEngine.ini, then clients can host/join games, but they are not able to connect to the dedicated server due to 'Connection TIMED OUT'. If I roll back to the default UE4 netdriver, then clients can join to the dedicated server, but obviously they can't make sessions. How can I connect to the dedicated server using OculusNetConnection? Here is the DefaultEngine.ini:

[OnlineSubsystem]
DefaultPlatformService=Oculus
bHasVoiceEnabled=true

[OnlineSubsystemOculus]
bEnabled=true
OculusAppId=**********************
RiftAppID=**********************

[Voice]
bEnabled=true

[/Script/OnlineSubsystemOculus.OculusNetDriver]
ServerTravelPause=4.0

[/Script/Engine.GameEngine]
+NetDriverDefinitions=(DefName="GameNetDriver",DriverClassName="/Script/OnlineSubsystemOculus.OculusNetDriver",DriverClassNameFallback="/Script/OnlineSubsystemUtils.IpNetDriver")

[/Script/OnlineSubsystemOculus.OculusNetDriver]
NetConnectionClassName="/Script/OnlineSubsystemOculus.OculusNetConnection"

[/Script/Engine.NetDriver]
AllowPeerConnections=False
AllowPeerVoice=False
ConnectionTimeout=60.0
InitialConnectTimeout=60.0
KeepAliveTime=0.2
MaxClientRate=15000
MaxInternetClientRate=10000
RelevantTimeout=5.0
SpawnPrioritySeconds=1.0
ServerTravelPause=4.0
NetServerMaxTickRate=30
MaxPortCountToTry=512

3 REPLIES 3

Eanir
Protege
Any thoughts on this? Did anyone manage to run both dedicated servers and matchmaking? Is it possible to run a dedicated server with OculusNetConnection? Or is it possible to run matchmaking sessions with the default UnetConnection? Should I use different net drivers somehow?

twistedpixel_bob
Expert Protege
did you get this figured out?

VintageGreen
Adventurer

has anyone got online working with Quest and unreal with two headsets?