cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plugin 'OculusVR' failed to load because module 'OculusHMD' could not be loaded.

OrangeFlower
Level 2

Hi,

I have downloaded the MetaXR plugin from this link https://developer.oculus.com/downloads/package/unreal-engine-5-integration/46.0/ and added it to a new unreal engine 5.0.3 project.

I created the project based on Unreal Engine's VR Template, and I did nothing in my project except put the OculusIntegration_v46 in my UE5 plugins file, enabled the MetaXR in the project and restart the editor.

image.png

Thanks in advance,

Terry

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

yosiah_morgan
Level 2

Hi Terry,

It looks like Epic's VR template adds the Oculus plugin by default. You should remove that plugin since you're using the Meta XR plugin instead. This documentation from Meta says to use the Oculus VR plugin for UE4 and the Meta XR plugin for UE5. I had the same problem as you, but after removing the Oculus VR plugin everything works fine. Also tried using just the Oculus VR plugin in 5.0.3 and that worked fine too. The issue seems to be with having both plugins at the same time. You should be fine with just the Meta XR plugin.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

yosiah_morgan
Level 2

Hi Terry,

It looks like Epic's VR template adds the Oculus plugin by default. You should remove that plugin since you're using the Meta XR plugin instead. This documentation from Meta says to use the Oculus VR plugin for UE4 and the Meta XR plugin for UE5. I had the same problem as you, but after removing the Oculus VR plugin everything works fine. Also tried using just the Oculus VR plugin in 5.0.3 and that worked fine too. The issue seems to be with having both plugins at the same time. You should be fine with just the Meta XR plugin.

Thank you very much!