cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unreal matchmaking only works with some accounts (Must call get_signature first)

tpg_sabibo00_qu
Protege
I've been setting up multiplayer matchmaking, and it works between two Rifts as long as they are both logged into my account.   But it fails with another user and me.  The other person gets the error " Error: Oculus: Must call get_signature first (1971051)".

We both have access to the app in the dashboard.  Any idea what could cause this error?  Why would my account be the only one that works?

EDIT:  turns out it also works with another person here.  But not three other people I've tried so far...  I don't know of any differences in our setups.  So weird!  Anyone know what the issue could be?
4 REPLIES 4

tpg_sabibo00_qu
Protege
Well, I finally got this fixed.  There seems to be some bug in Oculus' verification process.  Uploading an app / downloading from the store fixed it for some of us, but not for others.  The only thing that seems to work reliably is the "Windows Registry" method. Stupid forum won't let me post a link, but search for this page "Oculus Running Side-Loaded Builds on PC".

Basically, make a text file, call it "oculus sideload entitlement.reg" with these contents, and run it:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Oculus VR, LLC\Oculus]
"AllowDevSideloaded"=dword:00000001

That's worked where nothing else has. Beat my head against the wall for three days on this.

tpg_sabibo00_qu
Protege
Well, I finally got this to work after three days of beating my head against the wall.  Uploading an app to the dashboard and downloading it did not work.  The only thing that worked was the "Windows Registry" method:

Basically, make a text file called "entitlement.reg" and put this into it, then run it:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Oculus VR, LLC\Oculus]
"AllowDevSideloaded"=dword:00000001

Anonymous
Not applicable
This didn't work for me; I discovered it is an alternative to adding people as developers to the dashboard so they don't get access to the oculus dashboard data [Oculus Developer Blog - Running Side-Loaded Builds on PCs ]. Another side note; this doesn't work for testing Oculus Go apps, I had to upload a build and download it on the Go.

Update - I am using the sample project provided in the OVR Platform SDK v 1.40.0

Are you using the launcher version of unreal or Oculus'?

tpg_sabibo00_qu
Protege
I'm using the Oculus version of the Unreal Engine source build.  Testing on the Rift and Quest.  With the Quest, I found that I also had to set 'GearVRAppId' in DefaultEngine.ini to the app ID of my Quest App.  Don't ask me why - seems like the source only looks for RiftAppId and GearVRAppId. I've never seen any documentation that says you need to set that, but there was an error in the logs saying it couldn't find 'GearVRAppId'....lol.

I can get entitlement now on both.  Only thing that doesn't work is hosting from Quest - the Rift can find the session but when joining it, it never travels successfully to the new level.  Looks like this problem, but the solution posted there doesn't work for me: