cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When UnrealEngine 4.26 will be available in Oculus-VR repository?

yltalex
Honored Guest
Hello, UE 4.26 was released 3 Dec 2020 (month ago), but Oculus-VR repository (Oculus-VR/UnrealEngine) still use 4.25 as main branch. 4.26 has a lot of features for gaming development. Official UE4.26 has old Oculus plugin 1.51.0. Does anyone know the release time?
9 REPLIES 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Looking forward to Oculus 4.26  as well...

Anonymous
Not applicable
+1

Anonymous
Not applicable
It's past due... 4.24 took 10 days, 4.25 took 20 days. 

GerfesoOVR
Explorer
What's the difference? Quick start guide says just download from Epics launcher.

Isn't it enough to use 4.26 from Epic Launcher then to use source from Oculus github?

Mystfit
Protege
4.26 now has a branch on the Oculus github, but there's no tag associated with it yet with the current OVR platform version. Not sure if it's been officially "released" yet.

yltalex
Honored Guest
Yep, I see 4.26, hope it will be released soon. 

Mystfit
Protege
I'm hoping that this branch will provide working support for OpenXR on the Quest. At the moment I only get a black screen when pushing a simple test project to the Quest with only the OpenXR plugin enabled (no native OculusVR plugin). The roadmap does say that OpenXR Quest support on 4.26 would be available in January (medium confidence).

Anonymous
Not applicable
Any update on this?  I keep checking daily to see if it has dropped ( exciting stuff! )

Anonymous
Not applicable

Looks like 4.26 branch is default and using OVR 1.57!