Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Is someone wearing the headset" variable

pb.acelys
Level 2

Hello y'all,

TLDR :

I'm beginnning in VR development with Unreal, and for a small appplication I need to know if someone wear the headset and the "Is Head Mounted Display Enabled" variable in my blueprint doesn't work with the quest 2.

For more details :

I'm trying to develop a small 3DoF application. It's an empty world where the user arrive, a sphere (used almost like a skybox) is showing a stereoscopic 360 video, but i'd like to add some controls over the video without using the quest's controllers. I'd like to be able to detect if the headset detect a face to launch the video and if not, rewind and pause the video at the beginning, waiting for a new face to launch the video.

Do you have any ideas ?

I'm using Unreal 4.27 and the oculus quest 2 and if more technical details about my project is needed i'll add it on demand

1 REPLY 1

pb.acelys
Level 2

Hello again, i found a way to work around "Is Head Mounted Display Enabled" and it's checking the "Get HMDWorn State" ( https://docs.unrealengine.com/4.27/en-US/BlueprintAPI/Input/HeadMountedDisplay/GetHMDWornState/ ) in case anyone got the same problem.
Good luck to y'all