cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1.31 home dash 2 borks asseto corsa.

Rosgillies
Adventurer
After this latest update to the new home screen Asseto corsa and project cars 2 display in 2d fine but the cv1 just shows the new home screen and wont switch to the game.  Tried all sorts of settings and reinstalls but no result. Cant roll back to 1.30 where everything worked so one very expensive motion platform racing rig buttkickers and Rift cv1 are now redundant as Oculus seem more interested in making sure some 10 year old can put a teddy bear in the corner of the room than make sure that they dont mess up serious customers hobby enjoyment.
10 REPLIES 10

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

After this latest update to the new home screen Asseto corsa and project cars 2 display in 2d fine but the cv1 just shows the new home screen and wont switch to the game.  Tried all sorts of settings and reinstalls but no result. Cant roll back to 1.30 where everything worked so one very expensive motion platform racing rig buttkickers and Rift cv1 are now redundant as Oculus seem more interested in making sure some 10 year old can put a teddy bear in the corner of the room than make sure that they dont mess up serious customers hobby enjoyment.

In case of problems with 1.31 I'd suggest submitting a ticket:

https://tickets.oculusvr.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

nrosko
Superstar
I didn't have any issues. Are you sure this is down to Dash? Do you run anything like joy2key? 

Rosgillies
Adventurer
 dont run anything that is`nt standard. CPU, 8700k GTX1080ti. 16gig mddr4. ms nvme ssd. On rig t500rs. Win 10 1809. Tried reinstalling earlier windows and graphic drivers, No change.  Never had an issue till dash. Tried it in beta phase and it gave probs then displaying in VR even though now I have upgraded my PC to present specs. Annoying thing too is that both my DX9 programs, (ETS2 and ATS) work fine in vr with new home dash. Also, if I now shut down oculus on the pc it immediately starts itself again, so it is always running. Grrrrr! Thanks for your help though.

YoLolo69
Trustee
Check on on the Win10 1809 update side. It seems tons of persons have problems with this Microsoft update and they stopped its availability very recently : https://www.zdnet.com/article/microsoft-pulls-windows-10-october-update-version-1809/

“Dreams feel real while we are in them, it's only when we wake up that we realize something was strange.” - Dom Cobb

"Be careful, if you are killed in real life you die in VR too." - TD_4242

I7 10700K,  RTX 3070, 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz, Oculus Rift CV1

falken76
Expert Consultant

dont run anything that is`nt standard. CPU, 8700k GTX1080ti. 16gig mddr4. ms nvme ssd. On rig t500rs. Win 10 1809. Tried reinstalling earlier windows and graphic drivers, No change.  Never had an issue till dash. Tried it in beta phase and it gave probs then displaying in VR even though now I have upgraded my PC to present specs. Annoying thing too is that both my DX9 programs, (ETS2 and ATS) work fine in vr with new home dash. Also, if I now shut down oculus on the pc it immediately starts itself again, so it is always running. Grrrrr! Thanks for your help though.

Keep closing it, mine would sometimes re-load up to 3 times in a row!  I don't know what the hell is going on in the background but there's a bunch of weird stuff going on, especially with virtual monitors.

Rosgillies
Adventurer
Falken76, you are dead right. loads of people getting problems with dash. Amazing that microsoft roll back 1809 till they can fix the bugs, now on 1803. but oculus does,nt even comment. Where are you cybereality. Please give us a roll back option. I have tried everything i can think of to get oculus to recognise Asseto corsa etc with no luck.

nrosko
Superstar
I use content manager for AC as i actually prefer this to the standard GUI. May be worth giving that a go if you still having no luck. There is also an app i think its on reddit that will close or turn off Oculus home completely, i think people mainly use it for performance but i guess it could resolve some issues. 

Rosgillies
Adventurer
Nrosko. Tried content manager thanks. No result. Problems definitely in 1.31. Will look on reddit now. Thanks for your help. 

Rosgillies
Adventurer
Tosday it`s working again. No idea why as I have`nt changed anything. Maybe an update in the background. Annoying but nice.