cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AFFECTED - The Horror Experience (DK2 - Runtime 0.7+)

mpaul0055
Honored Guest

WARNING JUMP SCARES

Format: PC ONLY (Mac Release Soon)
Version: v1.53
Controls: Xbox 360 Controller - Keyboard and mouse

v1.60 (Runtime 0.7+) Updates
Runtime 0.7+ Compatible
New Colour Grading
Bug Fixes
Performance Improvement

v1.54 (SDK4.2) Updates
Modifications to the Manor layout + extra scares.
Manor Bug Fixes
SSAO Disabled due to performance and artefact issues
Colour Correction
Download Here: v1.54 DX11 & D3D9 http://www.fallenplanetstudios.com/?page_id=347
PayPal Donation: mpaul0055@aol.com 😉

:!: Ive found that Affected works best in Extended mode for most users :!:

v1.50 Additions
DK2 Support
Calibration Screen
Many New Scares with Random Scare Generation
Asylum Re-skinned
Additional Music & SFX

Known Bugs:
Fade into walls 50% working
Transition fades cause banding

24/10/2014 UPDATE: Affected 1.5 is now released! Thanks for your support everyone, its really appreciated and keeps us little devs going.

I will be announcing Affected 2 in the coming months which will utilize the Unreal Engine.

If any of you guys have a spare moment to vote for Affected on the share platform it would be greatly appreciated. Any extra viability is always great 😄
https://share.oculus.com/app/affected-- ... 9474283800

UPDATE: Just wanted to pop by and say a BIG THANKS to everyone for all the support and kind words. Its been a bit of a whirlwind the past few weeks with emails flying in left right and center, let alone my day to day job being quite demanding the past week.

Affected - The Horror Experience is not your average horror game. Designed specifically with the Oculus Rift in mind, you are transported to three different terrifying scenarios.There are no keys to find, pieces of paper to locate or mazes to get lost in, think of it as a modern day haunted house.

I really hope you enjoy the experience and if you feel like donating, then any amount would be appreciated to help fund my Unity Pro licence. It would also go towards the blood, sweat and tears that where poured into this development :ugeek: . Details can be found on the Fallen Planet Website.

Get In Touch: MP@fallenplanetstudios.com

For more information on Affected visit http://www.fallenplanetstudios.com
366 REPLIES 366

Mustakurmu
Honored Guest
Fallenplanet, please share for us the latest version, even the 1.50 was amazing. I just want to scare the shit out of my friends today/tomorrow. :lol:
Thanks for all hard work! Keep it up! 8-)

FallenPlanet
Explorer
"Mustakurmu" wrote:
Fallenplanet, please share for us the latest version, even the 1.50 was amazing. I just want to scare the shit out of my friends today/tomorrow. :lol:
Thanks for all hard work! Keep it up! 8-)

Ha, Cheers buddy, I must admit it has chewed up a huge amount of time again. Ive made all the necessary changes, and It will be back up tomorrow afternoon 🙂 I have a few people play testing it today 🙂
Affected - The Horror Experience - DK2 Now OUT! Download on Oculus Share http://www.fallenplanetstudios.com

DillonRobinson
Honored Guest
Awesome! What sorts of changes were made to the first DK2 demo?

I haven't tried this since DK1 so it'll feel pretty fresh.
-- -- --

michealv
Explorer
Still no download link? when I click on it its just taking me back to the same download page.

Edit: just read above comments, back tomorrow, darn im back at work tomorrow.
CPU: Intel i7 4770k 3.8ghz (water-cooled) | GPU: G1 980ti 6gb | G.Skill Ripjaw's 16GB DDR3 1600mhz | 28" Samsung LED 4k monitor (60hz display port) )

LordJuanlo
Protege
Hopefully, he's integrating the latest 0.4.3.1 Unity plugin
Comunidad española de RV / Spanish VR Community

mpaul0055
Honored Guest
Its back up again folks. Both DX11 and D3D9 versions are available.

For me both work great, with a solid 75FPS. This is using Extended mode, as Direct to HMD crashes my studio PC :?

Its still SDK 0.4.2 which feels more stable than 0.4.3. When i sent over a 4.3 build to my beta testers we had problems with the brightness and barrel distortion.

Enjoy!!

Licoy
Honored Guest
Thanks for this new version. I notice that the calibration intro in the big room does not exist anymore. Now I can play with Simple or Good graphics mode, but still freezing while lauching it in Beautiful & Fantastic. Maybe I'll play all the game to search any other differences, however this still scare the shit out of me...
Also, anytime I quit the game using ESC, the game crash.

FallenPlanet
Explorer
"Licoy" wrote:
Thanks for this new version. I notice that the calibration intro in the big room does not exist anymore. Now I can play with Simple or Good graphics mode, but still freezing while lauching it in Beautiful & Fantastic. Maybe I'll play all the game to search any other differences, however this still scare the shit out of me...

Im trying to narrow down what the problem is with the Beautiful & Fantastic quality settings. Will upload v1.55 today as soon as this is resolved.

Update: This seems to be an issue with "Direct to HMD" All quality settings work fine in extended mode.
I have changed all the settings with no clear results for this bug. Even with Fantastic settings the same as Good, a black screen is still displayed. As any Direct to HMD application crashes my studio pc (like it does with many peoples) i cant really trouble shoot this. As Oculus have mentioned themselves, Extended mode offers the highest stability levels with the Rift.
Affected - The Horror Experience - DK2 Now OUT! Download on Oculus Share http://www.fallenplanetstudios.com

fenderf4i
Protege
I tried it in direct mode this morning, and the screen was darker than it should be. Didn't have time to troubleshoot it at all. Is this something you've seen in direct mode before?

Cloud87
Honored Guest
"fallenplanet" wrote:
"Licoy" wrote:

Im trying to narrow down what the problem is with the Beautiful & Fantastic quality settings. Will upload v1.55 today as soon as this is resolved.

Update: This seems to be an issue with "Direct to HMD" All quality settings work fine in extended mode.
I have changed all the settings with no clear results for this bug. Even with Fantastic settings the same as Good, a black screen is still displayed. As any Direct to HMD application crashes my studio pc (like it does with many peoples) i cant really trouble shoot this. As Oculus have mentioned themselves, Extended mode offers the highest stability levels with the Rift.

Hey, any idea when the DK2 version will be back up on Oculus share?