cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adventure VR (Beta v1.9) SDK v0.4.1

rubixcube6
Explorer
Now with DK2 Support! SDK v0.4.1

Adventure, a game for the Atari 2600 video game console, was the very first action-adventure video game. I'm a big fan of the classics! I wanted to remake an old game for VR and what better place to start than a game that sparked a genre. In case your still wondering what Adventure is, here's a video of the original: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGqZ5eFEdDU&t=0m19s

I'm planning on releasing level by level betas when I Finnish them. The Easter egg won't be in level one (because its not in the original game's level one) but I am going to include it in level 2 and 3.

This is a Beta version of level one only. Please let me know if you run into any issues or glitches.
Download here (Windows): AdventureVR.zip (Beta V1.9)

*New in v1.9* Updated to SDK v0.4.1

*New in v1.8* Automatic re-centering.

Objective: Find the enchanted chalice and return it to the yellow castle.

-- Keyboard Controls --
Space: Start Game (main menu), Drop Items
WSAD keys: Move
Mouse: Turn
Shift: Run

-- Joystick Controls --
A, B, X, or Y: Start Game (main menu), Drop Items
Left stick: Move
Right stick: Turn
Left Trigger: Run

41 REPLIES 41

Kel
Explorer
LOL This is awesome! I remember playing this on the 2600!

I also remember not having a clue as to what you were supposed to do.

Cavediver
Protege
Kind of a dumb question, I guess, but can this work on the Oculus Rift?  The commercial version?

Luciferous
Consultant

Wow you did some digging to find this one. It was great to play in VR, not seen Rubix around for a while that I can remember. I am pretty certain it will not work with the CV1 due to the SDK it was written for. I loved this game on my 2600, my first ever Skyrim 🙂

I even changed my icons to it some time back. 🙂

zboson
Superstar
This is a Unity project. Is the Unity project/source code available somewhere? It would be cool to resurrect this for the CV1 with the latest run-time. It was laste made with SDK v0.4.1.  I downloaded the latest version from SDK v0.4.1 but it's just a Unity project build without the source code.  If the source code was available it should be very easy to get this working with the CV1. It would be cool to have projects like these under GPL.

Luciferous
Consultant
Seconded but Rubix has not been seen for a looong time.

Maybe we could call the search 'Finding Private Rubix'

Luciferous
Consultant
I found his website and emailed him @zboson. i'll let you know if I get a reply.

rubixcube6
Explorer
Zing! https://github.com/rubixcube6/Adventure-VR

Be sure to read the README file before you do anything. It should be finished uploading to that page by morning.

Luciferous
Consultant
Whoa that was fast, Rubix you are an absolute star. A well deserved first Awesome on the new forum.  

I am pretty excited to see this in the CV1. Do you still own a VR headset?  

@zboson Is this what you need to build the CV1 version?

zboson
Superstar
@Luciferous

Yes, that's exactly what I wanted! I have loaded it into Unity5. It has some errors right now. I will see if I can get it working this week.

Oh man i remember playing this a couple of years ago.
Big PC, all the headsets, now using Quest 3