cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Audio stutter problems with people talking in Echo Arena

FlAsH-FlOoD
Protege
Hi - I cannot hear what people are saying in Echo Arena as their speech is corrupted. I found a few others with the same problem but it doesn't seem common. Anyone know of a fix? Is it a codec issue? Here is a link to an example of it that was posted by someone in reddit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUAcCuD6ZLQ&feature=youtu.be
79 REPLIES 79

loofychan
Honored Guest
I have this exact issue too and would love a solution!

Mundelbert
Honored Guest
Yea same problem here! Did you find any solution ??

wasyl00
Protege
Hello. Yes its my movie and I still suffer from this problem. As I watch reddit and this forum I see I'm not alone. I wish RAD looked at this issue.

FlAsH-FlOoD
Protege
I tried reinstalling everything today. 18gb download later and!.....still the same issue. I also have another problem - the menu button to get to settings is not working either before or after reinstall. Is there any official channel to report bugs to?

FlAsH-FlOoD
Protege
i heard someone clearly today for the first time! I asked where they were from to see if only people nearby were clear, and he was from canada. I'm from the UK so we were on different continents! That theory was quickly blown....

Mundelbert
Honored Guest

i heard someone clearly today for the first time! I asked where they were from to see if only people nearby were clear, and he was from canada. I'm from the UK so we were on different continents! That theory was quickly blown....

Does it work for you now or was it just that one time?

wasyl00
Protege
Few times I had similar occurance where I could understand one person, still slighly stuttery, but at least I could understand whats being said. It was such a great feeling to be able to communicoate and not being left out as usual 😕 I imagine people think I'm some kind of weirdo who is not responding to simple questions.

I love Echo Arena alot so I run a bunch of tests, especially around different performance settings but this problem happens regardless, even at lowest ones possible. 

Here is another recording from yesterday.

https://youtu.be/Aihdu8T5H1M

FlAsH-FlOoD
Protege

It was just the one time. Everyone else before or since sounded like the video above. I assume it is a server issue rather than a problem with me, as if it worked once then it is definitely capable of working on my computer.

wasyl00
Protege

It was just the one time. Everyone else before or since sounded like the video above. I assume it is a server issue rather than a problem with me, as if it worked once then it is definitely capable of working on my computer.

Well I don't think that server side issue. All clients appear the same to the server so if the network connection is fine this should not happen only to selected users. 

Dunno, maybe there is something specyfic in our setups. Maybe some hardware part or piece of software installed or driver which doesn't play nice with the game engine - at least thats my opinion. 

I'm not really in the mood to reinstall the whole Win10 just to cover all bases as there is little for me to check at this point 😕