cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Big Drift topic (Oculus Drift) - Racing Sim

Game_Hard4-0
Honored Guest

Hey guys, so i really wanned to start a Drifting topic and to start of it`s just so much fun to do it in Virtual Reality.
it only goes to show what kind of impact VR can have. I do believe you can get good at drifting if you got a nice setup
wheel, chair etc and of course a vr headset. Right now Assetto Corsa is perfect for the job. I really wish we hade more drift games.

So please show me your drift skills if you ever make a video 🙂

I`m practicing as we speak in vr, and boy do i need it... 😛
3 REPLIES 3

Anonymous
Not applicable
That looks like fun in VR for sure. I'm going to have to try it soon. The ability to look in the direction of the slide should be a huge advantage compared to the common cockpit view - not to mention fun. 🙂

Game_Hard4-0
Honored Guest
I`m really glad to hear it mate ! And yes it`s so much fun !! So if we can get even more guys into the wonderful world
of virtual reality the better. Cause VR really shines in a proper racing simulator. You really do feel like you are behind the wheel of a real car. And with a proper wheel and the oculus (Or any other vr headset) you are basically all set. For a very very good time. So let me know bro once you have tried it. And please come back and tell us about your experience. 🙂

Happy Riftin 😄

greengo
Honored Guest
I've always been a fan of drifting, IRL and in sim racing, so really took to it in VR too..

I have a few VR drifting videos on my channel, https://www.youtube.com/c/RiftRacer

One of my first videos doing a bit of drifting with the DK2 (sorry, video is a bit dark)

And probably best drifting one is this...

I kept catching a glance of the following car and wanting to turn around to look at it closely drifting behind me, but it's a recipe for disaster taking your eyes off the road for a second when drifting lol.