cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bonelab Quest 1

airsofthd75
Honored Guest

Let's take Bonelab for example, a game currently available for pre-order (I think) that I've been waiting for over a year. Which was still announced before the release of Quest 2. Strangely, it is currently Quest 2 exclusive.

I understand that it's mostly the developer's fault and that it's easier to just develop it for the Quest 2 than for the 2 platforms but please...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

If you care for VR, get a gaming pc and connect your Quest using Link.

Quest has the slowest garbage gpu you can get, it's horribly slow phone VR - Quest 2 is much faster and has more ram, still Quest 2 is nothing but dust compared to an old GTX 1060 6GB. 

A GTX 1060 6GB is 6 times faster than Quest 2 and about 12 times faster than Quest 1:

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

If you care for VR, get a gaming pc and connect your Quest using Link.

Quest has the slowest garbage gpu you can get, it's horribly slow phone VR - Quest 2 is much faster and has more ram, still Quest 2 is nothing but dust compared to an old GTX 1060 6GB. 

A GTX 1060 6GB is 6 times faster than Quest 2 and about 12 times faster than Quest 1:

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

Naruto0f0z
Explorer

please just let us play it on quest we don’t have the money to buy a gameing pc why do you think we still only have a quest 1 and not a quest 2?

Hey @Naruto0f0z! We see that you are wanting to play Bonelab, but would prefer not to purchase a gaming PC. We definitely understand and we're more than happy to provide you with some clarification in regards to this! Bonelab is currently available for purchase on the Quest 2 and Meta Quest Pro. Although we realize you have a Quest, you are  able to play Bonelab without having to purchase a gaming PC as long as you have the correct standalone device! If you happen to have any further questions or concerns, feel free to reach back out to us. We are always happy to help! 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Please clarify Quest 1 and Quest 2. It is heartbreaking to have you sunset Quest 1, which cost quite a bit more than the Quest 2, which has no backward compatibility. Seems like planned obsolescence

You already forcibly removed all VR Gear, in which I had more than 200 programs, all irretrievable.

Hey there, @oliver.lowe. We definitely understand where you're coming from, gaming consoles meeting their sunset date is always a bittersweet moment. On one hand there's a new console with new games and features, on the other hand the console hitting its sunset date won't get new updates or releases. We realize that saying you should buy the newer version won't be of any consolation, though we hope you understand that we don't sunset older devices out of spite. Everything we do is all to try and provide the best VR experience for our customers. We hope that you continue finding enjoyment in our products, and we hope that you enjoy the rest of your day! 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

oliver.lowe
Honored Guest

Thank you. Understood!

Not a problem at all, @oliver.lowe! If there's ever anything we can help out with or if you have any questions that we could answer for you, please feel free to contact us again!