cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broken Elite Strap with Battery

VRCADER_TAIWAN
Honored Guest

Hi, Mark,

this is a true fan of Oculus Quest 2 user from Taiwan, small island country. I know you will not see my message but I still wanna try.

I bought 2 quest 2 since launched 2 years ago from official website. I also tied to buy the Elite Strap with Battery. I finally got 2 battery strap from Amazon.JP. Unfortunately, they also got the strap broken issue like others said on the forum. I contacted Amazon service person and they gave me refund and I can buy another new one without return the broken one and I did. But it broke again when I received it after 2nd time use it. Amazon rejected to do the refund and suggested me to contact Oculus service support and I did as well. Oculus support knew my situation and decided to have me a new one without return the broken one but they only accept to ship in USA address only.

I gave they my sister’s address in Virginia and they sent it to her for sure. Unfortunately, the battery device can not be shipped without test report and MSDS support document and the worst thing, COVIC exploded for almost 3 years and we did not meet until last Christmas in Taiwan. After I got it, I used it and it broke again. I knew Meta extended the warranty to 2 years of this strap so I tried to contact Meta service support again.

In the beginning, they told me they only accept ship new one to USA address only and need to recalled the broken one. I tried to explain to them the whole story and I am not able to ship this broken one back to USA because the battery issue. They said they have to follow the new rules. Lucky to me, a friend of my dad came back to Taiwan last month and he was ok to help me to take the broken one back to New York and wait for Meta to recalled it back and receive the new one for me temporarily.

I was very disappointed about what happened next. Meta support said they just found out the serial number on the picture and copy of the receipts were from Amazon.JP and told me I have to provide ship address and send the broken one to Japan address as well.

I don’t have closed friends or families who are able to help me to do this unreasonable thing from Meta support. I also tried to send emails to explain again and again. They kept reject my application and told me the only way is to provide Japan address.

Now I have 2 broken Elite Strap with Battery with only 2 times use and they just died in my room for almost 2 years. I was very disappointed about the area restrictions and policies they told me.

I am a victim who love to have your products and have no idea why you allowed Amazon.JP to sell me Elite Strap with Battery without any warranty.

I know you won’t see this spam message and sorry my English is not really good to explain my shopping journey of your products and services. But I wish you can see my story some day.

Thanks

1 REPLY 1

TinyAngryPanda
Retired Support

Hey @VRCADER_TAIWAN, while I'm not Mark, I did read your message and am very touched by your loyalty to Meta Quest products. You should head over to our Ideas board, if you haven't already, and voice your thoughts on expanding the supported countries for shipping!