cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can not save the game (keep losing progress)

rawalanche
Protege
Hello,

I have problems with this game I've recently purchased. I was not able to figure out how to save the game before exiting it. After some googling, I've found out that you can not really save the game manually. 

With this in mind, I have just assumed there would be frequent autosave, so yesterday, after longer session, I started to get very sick and nauseous, so I wanted to turn the game off, and get back to it later. However, today, when I launched the game again, I found out I've lost over 30 minutes of gameplay. I think it's quite bad decision to not include manual save (at least automatic save on ever quit, in case you want to prevent player from exploiting the save-load mechanic), because this game comes with significant risk of motion sickness, so if the players wants to stop playing the game, he/she usually wants to do it immediately, not holding the vomit before next automatic save checkpoint occurs.

7 REPLIES 7

tmanpdx
Honored Guest
This is a really big problem IMO. It was really frustrating not being able to save before quitting.

As this is the first game I've tried on the oculus, I can't see how multiple people can have their own save files? Is there a way? (still  getting used to this)

Yenzy
Honored Guest

Same problem. Don’t want the game if it can’t save.

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Yenzy, We are definitely not happy to hear that you are getting sick in the VR world and that you are also losing your saved games. Don't fret; we will help you with this.

Please know that here at Meta Quest, we take health and safety seriously. For us to best assist you, please click here to contact us and get in touch with an agent: https://metaque.st/Support

Here are a few things that you can do while playing:

• Take frequent breaks.
  • Drink plenty of water
  • Take a short walk
  • Make sure the room you're playing in is well ventilated.
  • Make sure not to use the headset outside.

Are you using cloud backup when you play? If not, please follow this link to set up Cloud again.

If you are still having issues or they simply get worse, please reach out to us at https://metaque.st/Support.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

The number 1 thing is have a really good graphics card.

Hiya! I've never played Cosmonious High, so I don't have an exact answer for your first question. I recommend reaching out to their team directly, they have a contact link on their official page. I've been wanting to check it out since it looks super cute though! I'd love to hear your opinions on it, since I'm always looking for new games to try.

As for enabling cloud backup, it should be fairly straightforward. The "universal menu" is just the bar at the bottom of the screen when you first enter in VR. I found a video that walks you through the steps if you want to check it out here. Hope this helps, friend! 🙂

Through the darkness of futures past, the magician longs to see. One chants out between two worlds: Fire... walk with me

Sorry I figured out where the cloud save setting was by searching the help page...and it is set by default.  

oobflyer
Honored Guest

Two games that I WOULD enjoy more if you could save your progress (using Meta Quest 3) is Drop Dead Cabin, and After the Fall.
I played Drop Dead for months before I made it all the way through - because the only way to do it is in ONE session. 
In After the Fall I’ve made it to the ‘snowy courtyard’ four times. It’s where hundreds of zombies attack (along with two huge invincible ones) and kill you. When you die, you START ALL OVER.
I would love to see the rest of the game, but at some point it’s simply not worth it.

By the way - this has nothing to do with saving your progress in the Cloud - these games were built that way.