cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't run Dirt Rally (Steam Version)

kaanaslan
Expert Protege
Hello guys,

Today I've just installed my Oculus Rift with touch controllers. I'm trying to run Dirt Rally trough steam but nothing happens. On the Rift I just see the home screen. I gave permission for 3rd party apps too. Steam says running but then the running word disappears. What do you think is wrong?
Intel i9 9900K @ 5GHZ - MSI Z390 GODLIKE Motherboard - EVGA GEFORCE RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 - 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHZ Memory - 1 TB Samsung EVO PLUS Series M2 SSD - Corsair H115i Platinum Water Cooler - Phanteks Evolve X Case & 4xML140 Corsair RGB Fan - Corsair HXi 850 PSU - Corsair K70 MK2 Keyboard - Logitech G933 Headset - Logitech G903 Mouse - Oculus Rift S (Preordered)
8 REPLIES 8

Amphetamine
Adventurer
Do you have Steam VR installed?

kaanaslan
Expert Protege
No, is it necessary?
Intel i9 9900K @ 5GHZ - MSI Z390 GODLIKE Motherboard - EVGA GEFORCE RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 - 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHZ Memory - 1 TB Samsung EVO PLUS Series M2 SSD - Corsair H115i Platinum Water Cooler - Phanteks Evolve X Case & 4xML140 Corsair RGB Fan - Corsair HXi 850 PSU - Corsair K70 MK2 Keyboard - Logitech G933 Headset - Logitech G903 Mouse - Oculus Rift S (Preordered)

TwoHedWlf
Expert Trustee
Yes, to run Steam vr games you usually need Steam VR installed.

kaanaslan
Expert Protege
But on steam it says it has oculus support. I thought I didn't need to have the sreamvr unless the game doesn't have Oculus support on steam. 

Amphetamine
Adventurer
I'm not sure tbh, I already had SteamVR installed from when it 1st had compatability with DK2. Can you right click on the game in steam and get a list of launch options? If one of them is "Launch on Oculus Rift" then try hitting that one, if not then try installing SteamVR and see if you get the option after that.

kaanaslan
Expert Protege
I don't think it's normal. Because Dirt Rally is not a VR game itself. It has VR support so the game should have run itself even if I can't run it with VR. What do you think?

GregSnell
Protege
I play the steam version, you should not run steam vr as this causes problems. The game supports the rift natively, and should detect your rift automatically when it starts. If you unplug your rift it should play through your monitor, you might try this to verify game is working otherwise. Also if you right click, under properties you can verify game files.

kaanaslan
Expert Protege
Ok thank you. I'll try these today.