cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cross buy games from Steam installed on Quest 2 ?

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm sorry, I appreciate this has probably been asked a thousand times, I'm maybe just not asking/being specific enough in my search terms.

I had/have a Rift, I purchased games through both Oculus store and Steam.  Some of the games support Crossbuy.  I've purchased a Quest 2 for the family X-mas and would like to install some of the cross buy, compatable apps, onto my Quest 2 (Oculus store is no problem).  Is it possible to install crossbuy, Quest versions of games, such as Eleven Table Tennis, onto my Quest 2 from my SteamVR content ?  I don't want to have the Quest "linked" to my PC, that's for MY VR time, not the rest of the family (apart from transfering content).  I have heard of Sidequest and developer mode, but haven't fully explored it's possibilities yet so I'm not sure if it supports the features I'm after.

2 REPLIES 2

PITTCANNA
Visionary

I'm sorry, I appreciate this has probably been asked a thousand times, I'm maybe just not asking/being specific enough in my search terms.

I had/have a Rift, I purchased games through both Oculus store and Steam.  Some of the games support Crossbuy.  I've purchased a Quest 2 for the family X-mas and would like to install some of the cross buy, compatable apps, onto my Quest 2 (Oculus store is no problem).  Is it possible to install crossbuy, Quest versions of games, such as Eleven Table Tennis, onto my Quest 2 from my SteamVR content ?  I don't want to have the Quest "linked" to my PC, that's for MY VR time, not the rest of the family (apart from transfering content).  I have heard of Sidequest and developer mode, but haven't fully explored it's possibilities yet so I'm not sure if it supports the features I'm after.

Short answer is no.

Long answer is No Way in heck.

Oculus and steam are 2 different structure in terms of coding.

kojack
MVP
MVP
Cross buy is done within the Oculus store. When you look at a cross buy Quest game, it doesn't check if you already have the PC version of that game on your PC (from some source, like Epic or Steam), it checks if your Oculus Rift store account already has that game purchased.

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2