cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DEMO "world of diving"

bob123
Honored Guest
I just saw this on a Belgium gaming site. Couldnt find any info on it here so i thought to share it.

http://www.divegame.net/

Didnt try it yet but looks pretty good even has MP
11 REPLIES 11

Tankshell
Protege
I actually tried this earlier (pre-ordered the full game for GBP £12!). I really like what they have so far, it is really quite polished considering this is just a pre-alpha test stage.

They have nailed the feeling of being underwater, lots of air bubbles, the sound effects, some really nice water shaders and refraction/reflection going on, all if it looks nice in the Rift, I can't wait for my DK2 to arrive now so that I can experience this with a little less blur!

Overall, I would say this is now one of my favourite Rift "experiences".
2500k@4.5Ghz EVGA 780Ti SC 8GB DDR3 Corsair Vengeance Win 8.1 x64

taginda
Honored Guest
How the hell do you actually play the demo?

I can't find a link to it anywhere!

cerulianbaloo
Honored Guest
"taginda" wrote:
How the hell do you actually play the demo?

I can't find a link to it anywhere!

Yeah I registered but can't find anything related to a demo on their site. There's a place for the "level 0 swimming pool" but no link. I'm beginning to think you have to buy this to play it, in other words no demo. I'd like for it to be otherwise though! Anybody else figure it out?

Edit: Nm just confirmed on their forums a pre-order of $20 is required to play so no demo :cry:

FictionX
Honored Guest
I pre-ordered for and got this message:

Whoohoo, you pre-ordered World of Diving - Thank you!

(the download key will appear on your profile page in the near future)

There's no download key that I can see, yet, but instead I am apparently now able to download an .exe for Windows.
Trouble is, I use Linux, and pre-ordered after pressing the "Play Now!" button just below the Windows + Apple + Linux icons - but neither the Apple or Linux download icon can be pressed.

So I haven't tried the game yet, and I don't know if it's any good - but the web-site and the communications skills of whoever is in charge of it leaves a lot to be desired.

In any case - it seems pre-ordering will get you access to a 300 MB .exe for Windows

EDIT: And just to clear it up for any fellow Linux gamers out there: There is currently no demo available for Linux. Don't let the "Play Now!" button fool you like it did me.

WPKenny
Explorer
I've also pre-ordered this game. The site is a little confusing. From what I understand, the alpha stuff you just download direct from them whenever they release them. When the full game comes out, that's when they provide you with a key.

virror
Explorer
Steps to play:
-Pre order the game (its not a demo, its a pre alpha that you will get to play as a thanx for supporting the development)
-Level up to level 2 in the forums (will go pretty quick)
-Download the game from www.divegame.net/download

WhelanWeb
Honored Guest
Hi All

We just created a review for this demo. Our full review score can be seen by going to http://www.virtualrealityreviewer.com/DEMO-detail/world-diving/

Got a game in development or a cool piece of VR tech you want to show off? We are looking for demos, trailers and all things VR. Just send us a mail and we would be more than happy to feature it on our site. http://www.virtualrealityreviewer.com

jf3000
Honored Guest
Was truly disappointed with the way this was created. Was invited via email to download the game only to get on there website and told I must do all these different actions before allowed to even download the game. Opted for a refund and as always rejected. Game rated 1/10

Tankshell
Protege
I recorded some Oculus Rift stereo+warp video last night of this, uploaded to Youtube here for those of you who want to get a feel for the game. Make sure to watch in fullscreen for the proper effect:

2500k@4.5Ghz EVGA 780Ti SC 8GB DDR3 Corsair Vengeance Win 8.1 x64