cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

De Leon Legends Kickstarter!!!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Fucking hell, this game looks amazing so far!!!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2258343/de-leon-legends

Only single player at the moment, if they raise enough cash they said on Reddit that they may add multiplayer later.

Why are pirates called pirates?

Cos they arrrrrrrre
9 REPLIES 9

Scott_Sharra
Protege
That looks incredible!  Wow!  Definitely gotta keep this one on the radar.  If Facebooks is paying attention to these forums, they'd be smart to swoop in and think about another exclusive / partnership on this one.

I guess the concept of a Kickstarter just makes me a bit nervous.  What percentage of the time do those ever pan out?

Anonymous
Not applicable

That looks incredible!  Wow!  Definitely gotta keep this one on the radar.  If Facebooks is paying attention to these forums, they'd be smart to swoop in and think about another exclusive / partnership on this one.

I guess the concept of a Kickstarter just makes me a bit nervous.  What percentage of the time do those ever pan out?

Well I backed Technolust and it got finished so I have a 100% record so far lol

The way I see it is that it isn't a great deal of money so if I end up losing it then it's not going to be too much skin off my proverbial nose.

Scott_Sharra
Protege

snowdog said:

The way I see it is that it isn't a great deal of money so if I end up losing it then it's not going to be too much skin off my proverbial nose.

With that 100% track record of yours, sounds like we're gonna need you to take one for the team, and jump on board this one to ensure it's successful.   😄

MowTin
Expert Trustee
Can someone ask their FAQ what engine they're using?

I don't understand why it looks so good. 

My concern is that almost all pirate games have failed so far. The problem is that it's hard to make the gameplay fun and non-repetitive. 
i7 9700k 3090 rtx   CV1, Rift-S, Index, G2

Anonymous
Not applicable

snowdog said:

With that 100% track record of yours, sounds like we're gonna need you to take one for the team, and jump on board this one to ensure it's successful.   😄

I backed it soon after I posted it here! 😄

Anonymous
Not applicable

MowTin said:

Can someone ask their FAQ what engine they're using?

I don't understand why it looks so good. 

My concern is that almost all pirate games have failed so far. The problem is that it's hard to make the gameplay fun and non-repetitive. 

I would guess the Unreal Engine, could be using forward rendering to get extra performance which allows them to turn the eye candy up as long as they don't have more than two dynamic lights if I'm remembering correctly.

Anonymous
Not applicable
They've just added multiplayer as a stretch goal which they'll add as DLC once the single player game has been finished. Pirate backers and above will get it for free!

Multiplayer Stretch Goal Added! – Due to a lot of feedback for a multiplayer feature to the game. We have decided to add it as a stretch goal on Kickstarter. Important: If reached it will not affect the quality that we have in mind for singleplayer.

As some of you know from the FAQ, we have thought about a multiplayer option for the game, but due to the resources that we have, we can’t add multiplayer in the game as of now. We did plan on adding it if the game became financially successful for us to maintain multiplayer in the future.

But we decided, since many users wanted multiplayer in the game, to add it as a stretch goal for Kickstarter. 75K is the minimum needed for us to implement multiplayer in the game. If reached it will be a DLC that we will release on Q4 of 2020. Pirate backers and up will get it for free when it is released.

Thank you for all the support it means a lot to us!

?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Another video:

https://youtu.be/nD9qb_3ykI4

😮  B)

Anonymous
Not applicable
Aw bollocks. They've had to cancel the Kickstarter. 😞

Not enough money from donations early on so they've cancelled it. Oh well. They say they're still working on the game but have put it on the backburner so that they can work on stuff in the meantime to get money to fund it themselves. Could be years before we see it now.

Oh well, I didn't lose anything so technically I've still got a 100% record with Kickstarter games lol 😄