cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DiRT Rally is free on Steam!

nalex66
MVP
MVP
DiRT Rally is currently on sale for 100% off on Steam. If you grab it before September 16th, it’s free to keep! The game features native Oculus VR support, so if you’ve ever been interested, now’s the time to grab it. 

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo
12 REPLIES 12

Techy111
MVP
MVP
LOL rushed to grab it and realised I purchased it in 2016 and last played in 2017 oops LOL
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

nalex66
MVP
MVP
People (including me) are reporting being unable to download it--the store page says it's in your library, but it doesn't actually show up in you library, and clicking Play on the store page doesn't do anything. Seems to be a Steam server problem, but you should be goods as long as you grab it before Monday afternoon. I'll keep an eye on it to see if I can eventually get it downloaded.

Digikid1
Consultant
Thanks for the heads up. Grabbed it. 

nalex66
MVP
MVP
They still hadn’t sorted out the downloading problem when I turned in last night. Haven’t checked yet this morning... were you able to download it and see it in your library?

Edit: still can’t download it. I’ll try again later. 

Digikid1
Consultant
I'll try to download it now.  Just got home.

Hmmm......I can confirm that Dirt Rally will not download either.  If I go to the store and search for it it says that I own it.....but it does not show up in my library.  Also noticed that The Lab was gone from my library as well.  WTH is Steam doing?!?!?!?!

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

I added it to my Steam library, thanks, but I also have the Oculus version installed - there's no way I'm going to install both, lol (game is 50GB). But at least I do have the choice to do so in the future...

Digikid1 is right - doesn't show in my library (using Steam phone app) - but The Lab is there...

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

nalex66
MVP
MVP
Checked again this morning, the library bug is still happening. I think as long as you claim it, it should be fine. Steam has replied through customer support that they’re looking into it, so it should hopefully get sorted today. 

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP
I just finished downloading the free Stream version, no problem (although it did take over 30 minutes to download).  Did a few tutorials, then a quick Rally race using my X-Box controller and everything seemed to work fine.  Looks like a fun little racing/rally sim.  Thanks for the heads up!
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

nalex66
MVP
MVP
That's good, sounds like they're getting it fixed. Checking on the Steam phone app, the store still says I own it, but it doesn't show up in my games library yet.

Edit: Just logged into the Steam client on my work computer, and now it's showing in my library. Finally!

Still not seeing it in the phone app though, even after logging out and back in. I started a download and then paused it on my work PC (we have super-slow internet, shared by the whole office, so I can't actually download it). The Steam app shows when you're logged in on a PC, and shows that two downloads are paused in my library (DiRT Rally and a Blender update that I paused months ago), but it still doesn't show DiRT Rally in the library. Weird, but I'm sure nothing to be concerned about. (I just can't stop picking at it because it's not quite right.)