Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Dreadhalls still scare you?

cybernettr
Superstar

21 REPLIES 21

cybernettr
Superstar
 I must admit, it never gave me the screaming mimi's like some YouTubers, but I do still find it scary.  It's a game that has a lot of replay value because of the "random map" option, and that's with the poll is really about.  I still play it occasionally, and it still causes me to jump sometimes, like it did the other night.  No other VR experience has had this much lasting scare value!

cybereality
Grand Champion
I played it a few times early on, and it was a bit much for me. However, in terms of horror games in general, it's probably pretty low on the list of scary.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

cybernettr
Superstar
What game do you think is scarier?

cybereality
Grand Champion
AFFECTED.
https://www.oculus.com/experiences/rift/1171399169574498/
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
Not sure if Dreadhalls "still" scares me... cause I'm still too scared to re-try  😄

cybernettr
Superstar

Zenbane said:

Not sure if Dreadhalls "still" scares me... cause I'm too scared to re-try  😄

Then you would be the third option. 

cybernettr
Superstar

AFFECTED.

I'm surprised you say that, because I think that's a pretty good game, but not in the same league as Dreadhalls. For one thing, AFFECTED has no random map option. For another thing, you don't die until the very end in AFFECTED, but you can die at any time in Dreadhalls, adding to the suspense. AFFECTED plays out one of the same four ways every time, depending on which alternate ending you choose. 

Wildt
Consultant
The graphics just doesn't cut it for me - they're like ridiculously poorly made animatronics in a horror movie: You laugh at them!
PCVR: CV1 || 4 sensors || TPcast wireless adapter || MamutVR Gun stock V3
PSVR: PS4 Pro || Move Controllers || Aim controller
WMR: HP Reverb

Mullered
Expert Protege
It used to scare me that much I'd find it too stressful to play for long periods of time.  It doesn't seem to have that much of an effect on me anymore for whatever reason