cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dolphin Emulator DK2 compatibility

lohan
Honored Guest
The title pretty much says it all. I would like to know if anyone here has already tried to run the dolphin emulator with the DK2. Some say it should work. If yes this one should give us hundreds of titles to try out during the "starving period" even if those Wii/Gamecube titles don't use the full potential of the DK2.
1,298 REPLIES 1,298

Anonymous
Not applicable
So... which one of you asked about the audio integration?

https://youtu.be/2RDV6D7jDVs?t=44m5s

@44:05

virror
Explorer
Anyone here tried the awesome "Endless Ocean 2: Adventures of the Deep"?
Would be a perfect match for VR, i have the game but not a DK2, but curious about how well it works.

Anonymous
Not applicable
"cegli" wrote:

For me, it only happens on those games about once every 6 or 7 times. I think this is a race condition introduced by "4.0-5971 - Block GPU Thread". You can read about it here: https://dolphin-emu.org/blog/2015/05/01 ... pril-2015/. I've debugged it a bit before, and it's hanging in the assembly code of some external function during clean-up of the GPU thread (if I remember correctly), so it's hard to debug. I hope the main branch will fix it soon!

The main branch seems to have fixed it now. At the very least the main branch no longer crashes on quit on my system.

I know that it hasn't been long since the last release but is it possible to quickly produce a new release that is up to date with the main branch?

aminemo
Explorer
IS DOLPHIN VR DEAD, :shock: :? ?

cegli
Honored Guest
I'm not done with it, but these next couple months are super busy for me! I don't think I'll have much time to code, but hopefully I will get a break here and there to work on it :).

jinx1221
Honored Guest
Hi Everyone! 😄

Hey you know, like when you are playing Super mario 64 in Oculus, and there's like a dark overlay over the screen? But you can see around this overlay to the normal looking screen? And Monkey Ball has these goofy arrows and a dark round overlay that really distracts and makes the game no fun to play. Is there a way to 'hide' or move or toggle it or something?

Thanks!

cegli
Honored Guest
"jinx1221" wrote:
Hey you know, like when you are playing Super mario 64 in Oculus, and there's like a dark overlay over the screen? But you can see around this overlay to the normal looking screen? And Monkey Ball has these goofy arrows and a dark round overlay that really distracts and makes the game no fun to play. Is there a way to 'hide' or move or toggle it or something?
Hey! One way to hide objects by right clicking on the game and going to Properties -> Hide Objects. Hover over the "Up" button to get directions on how to make a new code. Unfortunately, Super Monkey Ball's overlays are annoying because they would take something stupid like 20 codes to get rid of them, but it would work. One way around this is to use freelook to get above/in front of the overlay. Here are some codes for "Super Mario 64" I've previous made:

$VR - Remove HUD Box
128bits:0x0000000000000000:0x0000000043A00000
$VR - Remove Black Bar Bottom
128bits:0x0000000043680000:0x0000000000000000

ezRocket
Explorer
In Direct Mode the screen seems shifted slightly to the left, making it unplayable.
In extended mode there's a white border on the left, but it's playable.
I'm using Dolphin vr-hydra 4.0 7252, I'm sure I've got it configured right.
Does Windows Aero have to be on?

SimaderEntertai
Honored Guest
Super Mario Galaxy 1 &2 doesn't really work for me for some reason... The flat 2D screen works just fine but around it the world has weird black stuff. Sometimes if I hold my head correctly I can see some stuff for a second but it's not really workign, so does anyone know how to fix this?

(I couldn't really ake screenshots of the game itself but the settings)
http://imgur.com/a/JOnmR#0

Amd FX8320, Geforce GTX 660, Oculus SDK 6.0.0.1 - Dolphin 4.0 -6324

Edit: I take it all back it works! For anyone that experienced similar problems just switch to Direct3D... For some reason it didn't work the first time I tried but now it does so yeah great 😄

charlton_3393
Heroic Explorer
Hey cegli,

Been using DolphinVR for a while now and just wanted to say what an amazing experience it has been trying all these classic games in VR! It truely astounds me even now haha.

Was just wondering what your thoughts are on the latest 0.7 SDK and Runtime release? How much of an impact will recompiling DolphinVR for 0.7 have on the experience? And whether DolphinVR will even be stable on 0.7?

Thanks! 🙂
Specs: - Windows 10 Pro x64 OS - ASRock H87 Performance Motherboard - Intel Core I7 4770 @ 3.40GHz Haswell Processor - Reference Radeon RX 480 GPU - 32GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 RAM