cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dolphin Emulator DK2 compatibility

lohan
Honored Guest
The title pretty much says it all. I would like to know if anyone here has already tried to run the dolphin emulator with the DK2. Some say it should work. If yes this one should give us hundreds of titles to try out during the "starving period" even if those Wii/Gamecube titles don't use the full potential of the DK2.
1,298 REPLIES 1,298

tamahoma22
Honored Guest

@2EyeGuy

Was just wondering if there are any plans for DolphinVR or PPSSPPVR to support the 1.3 SDK in the future?

Cheers 🙂

Don't give up on us 2EyeGuy! 🙂 Both of these applications are amazing to use on the dk2.

SanguShellz
Protege
I've been waiting for this guy to update Glovepie for 4 years now.  I'm not holding my breath.  Hopefully, the main Dolphin team picks up on VR soon.  It will probably be with OSVR.

BigBuckMaine
Honored Guest
DolphinVR is incredible. Great work. Any chance someone could upload a build with 1.3.0 runtime?

It's too bad this isn't updated with recent changes from regular dolphin. There have been a lot of speed improvements lately.

Anonymous
Not applicable
I need F-ZERO GX on my still-has-to-be-shipped cv1!

isamu
Explorer
I came here to check to see if there's been any progress on DolphnVR. To my surprise and disappointment, it seems 2EyeGuy and Carl Kenner have taken a hiatus on the project(as well as on PPSSPP-VR). If either of them are reading this, please please **PLEASE** continue work on DolphinVR/PPSSPPVR for the Oculus CV1 or the HTC Vive. I know shipment of the CV1 is being done in fractions, but I'm hoping you guys are among those in the next groups to get your Rift soon, and will continue this project once you do. Please at least post and let us know your future plans and whether Oculus CV1 or VIVE support are on the agenda.

DaveEliasIrwin
Explorer
The main dolphin build has options to select which backend you would like to use.

Vorpx will be releasing an update soon that allows you to create custom profiles(create a new profile for a game built with directx 9,  built with directx 10, built with unity, built with unreal, etc.).  

I think this may be a good route to getting dolphin to work in VR.

SanguShellz
Protege

isamu said:

I came here to check to see if there's been any progress on DolphnVR. To my surprise and disappointment, it seems 2EyeGuy and Carl Kenner have taken a hiatus on the project(as well as on PPSSPP-VR). If either of them are reading this, please please **PLEASE** continue work on DolphinVR/PPSSPPVR for the Oculus CV1 or the HTC Vive. I know shipment of the CV1 is being done in fractions, but I'm hoping you guys are among those in the next groups to get your Rift soon, and will continue this project once you do. Please at least post and let us know your future plans and whether Oculus CV1 or VIVE support are on the agenda.

Same person.  He just announced on Reddit that PPSSPP VR was released for 1.3.   He mentioned on another thread that his work on Dolphin is slacking and with each new main Dolphin build, it gets more difficult to update.  It doesn't sound good.  Another dev, Cegli said that the main Dolphin team told them to take their work down from Oculus share because Oculus isn't open source. 

isamu
Explorer

OneToo said:

isamu said:

Same person.  He just announced on Reddit that PPSSPP VR was released for 1.3.   He mentioned on another thread that his work on Dolphin is slacking and with each new main Dolphin build, it gets more difficult to update.  It doesn't sound good.  Another dev, Cegli said that the main Dolphin team told them to take their work down from Oculus share because Oculus isn't open source. 

Thanks for the update. Sad 😞