cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Don’t have beatsaber on secondhand quest 2

dag.warfaa
Honored Guest

I bought a used quest2 and it didn’t have beatsaber and it says it costs. Do you have to buy a brand new quest to get it for free or can I still get it for free?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Pixie40
Expert Trustee

As others said, you'll have to buy the game yourself. Well worth the money, in my opinion. And yeah, the "get Beat Saber for free" thing is a promotion for buying a Quest 2 brand new. But even if the game had been previously installed on the quest 2 you bought, you'd still be unable to install the game due to it not being your game. It'd belong to the previous owner, who ideally had factory reset the headset before selling it.

Lo, a quest! I seek the threads of my future in the seeds of the past.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Choleni
MVP
MVP

Of course you have to buy a new one.

Free beat saber came recently with price increase of the Quest.....and only because of that.

This offer also ends in December.

cleverestx
Explorer

You didn't pay for it by purchasing a price-inflated headset, thus you need to buy the game. Sadly.

That's right.....but even if it wasn't because of the price increase.
Games are account bound, not headset bound.
If you buy a used headset, you'll never get the game that came with it.

Pixie40
Expert Trustee

As others said, you'll have to buy the game yourself. Well worth the money, in my opinion. And yeah, the "get Beat Saber for free" thing is a promotion for buying a Quest 2 brand new. But even if the game had been previously installed on the quest 2 you bought, you'd still be unable to install the game due to it not being your game. It'd belong to the previous owner, who ideally had factory reset the headset before selling it.

Lo, a quest! I seek the threads of my future in the seeds of the past.