Did you mean: 

Echo arena cost me a bit more than I expected

Th4Sing3
Adventurer
28 REPLIES 28

Wildt
Consultant

Wildt said:

Oh and as for Echo Arena/Lone Echo, I have to play that sitting down due to my low ceiling, so I stay put in the middle of my play space where there's nothing to smash :smile:

How is that game sitting down? Does it work well?

It's ok. I use one of these (it can rotate):

I sit in reverse position (tummy against the back rest) and put my feet on the circular rest thingie. Not having my feet on the floor actually gives me a floaty feeling. :smile:

@Th4Sing3  - sorry for going off topic in your thread mate :blush:
PCVR: CV1 || 4 sensors || TPcast wireless adapter || MamutVR Gun stock V3
PSVR: PS4 Pro || Move Controllers || Aim controller
WMR: HP Reverb

Morgrum
Expert Trustee
Well thats a cool idea
WAAAGH!

nalex66
MVP
MVP
Yeah, Echo Arena gets pretty punchy--my monitor is safe since I got some extension cables and moved my play space to the other end of the room, but I'm constantly punching walls, my ceiling fan, and the built-in shelves that I face towards.

The other day I smashed an antique china bowl that my wife had sitting on the bookshelf. I told her that it was not a good place for delicate knick-knacks, but she was still pretty pissed.

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

Morgrum
Expert Trustee
Your lucky to be alive buddy!
WAAAGH!

Stryker1000
Heroic Explorer
MEH ! bloody cheapskate ...cheapo TV ! it wasn't even 4K ! bloody sony rubbish !

Th4Sing3
Adventurer

MEH ! bloody cheapskate ...cheapo TV ! it wasn't even 4K ! bloody sony rubbish !

It cost me 1.5k when i buyed it like 6-7 year ago and working very well since then. Not planned to invest 3k on a projector or on a 4k tv this week...

Th4Sing3
Adventurer

@Wildt said:

@Th4Sing3 - I've been wondering why haven't put up a new Robo Recall video for weeks.. now I know! 

Too bad about that TV - but be careful mate, I've actually punched my ceiling mounted projector, so don't feel too safe! :smiley:

My second headset died (HDMI connector) july 10 !!!! 1 year and 1 Month after i buyed it. Only got a new one august 1 or 2... It died while playing echo arena beta ... Coincidence ?  😐 it as worked with no problem until i put it on my desk. When i took it back no HDMI...

Don't worry i'll be fine... I Will put a wooden box over it and add some computer fan on the box.  😛

Wildt
Consultant
What projector you planning to buy? 4K source material has starting to be quite available, so I'm toying with the idea of upgrading my 1080p projector. 

Native 4K projectors with 3D are just too pricey for me atm :cry:
PCVR: CV1 || 4 sensors || TPcast wireless adapter || MamutVR Gun stock V3
PSVR: PS4 Pro || Move Controllers || Aim controller
WMR: HP Reverb

Th4Sing3
Adventurer

Wildt said:

What projector you planning to buy? 4K source material has starting to be quite available, so I'm toying with the idea of upgrading my 1080p projector. 

Native 4K projectors with 3D are just too pricey for me atm :cry:

@Wildt

Dont Know... probably one of these : 

Epson Home cinema 3700

Epson Home cinema 3900

Epson Home cinema 5040

Epson Pro cinema 4040

Epson Pro cinema 6040 

Didn't have Time to review each one but it's what they have in stock where i want to go. I'll tell you tomorrow what i got.

Yeah native 4k is like more than 10k$... To pricey for me too  :'( i have a 0 to 3k budget but if i fall in love with one of them i can go up to 5k.

Let's see...

Stryker1000
Heroic Explorer
just sell the wife and kids organs ! that should get you a couple of quid ?