cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Elite Dangerous Chapter 4 "Beyond" Beta released

JohnnyDioxin
Expert Trustee
Announcement:

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/452938-Beyond-Chapter-Four-Beta-is-live!

Go into your Home library, click on the threee dots to the bottom right of the Elite thumbnail and select "Start in desktop mode". At the UI (not in-game) select to update/run the beta. Enjoy new stuff 🙂

Edit: OK - for the inevitable "where do I do that?" questions - it's at the bottom of the UI, where, if you weren't running it from Home, you would click on "START". Scroll down the list of available options, which includes the likes of CQC etc until you find the open beta 3.3 - select it and the button on the left will switch to "INSTALL". Click that and wait for it to install. When it's finished, close the UI and start the game from Oculus Home to enjoy it in VR as usual.

i5 9600k @4.5GHz; 16GB DDR4 3200; 6xSSD; RTX2080ti; Gigabyte Z390D Mobo
Rift CV1; Index; Quest; Quest 2
23 REPLIES 23

bigmike20vt
Visionary
I got this last night but no time to try out (i hope to get in tonight)

have the network issues been sorted out yet do you know?

taaa
Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR 🙂

JohnnyDioxin
Expert Trustee
No I don't - I'm still reading the posts from users. I just realised it was up already and wanted to share the word, in case people had been waiting, as I was.

I'm surprised you got it yesterday as the release date was given as 31st - must have done it early. Looking forward to the vid tomorrow. (D'oh - just seen the date on the posts! :s  )

Here's the patch notes for beta 1 (there will be several, as all the new stuff is added over the coming weeks, in addition to the live streams, telling us what is coming - or most of it - and how to use the new stuff - look for the elitedangerous channel on YT)

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/452944-Beyond-Chapter-Four-Beta-1

JohnnyDioxin
Expert Trustee
Damn! I just had a thought - I have some newly discovered systems waiting to be claimed at a starport. If I use the beta, I think any discoveries or the new mapping function probably will get wiped on release.

If that's the case, I need to play release version to claim the systems, then switch to beta for the new stuff. Hope I can do that on the fly, from the UI.

Oh - I'm a poet! 😄

Edit: ok - just saw this:
The Beta state is a copy of your live state from a few weeks ago, your
Beta state is all gone when the Beta ends and has no effect on your live
state.

JohnnyDioxin
Expert Trustee
Mike - I see no reports of network errors today 😉

Anonymous
Not applicable
Existing thread here and I got the predictable reply from FD Support to contact the forum and they laughably told me to create another account which I got my ban in the first place for! Tits and elbows...elbows and tits!
https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/70771/elite-dangerous-beta-3-3-in-vr-what-a-washout...

bigmike20vt
Visionary

MAC_MAN86 said:

Existing thread here and I got the predictable reply from FD Support to contact the forum and they laughably told me to create another account which I got my ban in the first place for! Tits and elbows...elbows and tits!
https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/70771/elite-dangerous-beta-3-3-in-vr-what-a-washout...

you managed to get a permanent ban ? wow! i have had some enthusiastic debates there over the years and the most i have ever managed is a yellow card.  i know some managed a time limited ban but a permanent one? WTF did you do? 😉
Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable
I made a 2nd account to get back in to help others with issues. 2nd accounts are not allowed. The mods played gods in trolling my thread to talk openly on the topic of Freedom Of Speech In UK. It was a tactic globally to surpress talking about issues we face by being Politically Correct to certain religious groups. In the meantime our kids were raped in the 1000s over 15yrs and it was kept quiet. The excuse the gov via media is they say some groups use these cases as a means against them. Well in fact, they have a right to know about it publically in their interest of safety. For them to silence any person is not democracy. They simply are so scared to lose votes!

JohnnyDioxin
Expert Trustee

MAC_MAN86 said:

you managed to get a permanent ban ? wow! i have had some enthusiastic debates there over the years and the most i have ever managed is a yellow card.  i know some managed a time limited ban but a permanent one? WTF did you do? 😉

Probably made the kind of posts he does here 😉

bigmike20vt
Visionary

MAC_MAN86 said:

I made a 2nd account to get back in to help others with issues. 2nd accounts are not allowed. The mods played gods in trolling my thread to talk openly on the topic of Freedom Of Speech In UK. It was a tactic globally to surpress talking about issues we face by being Politically Correct to certain religious groups. In the meantime our kids were raped in the 1000s over 15yrs and it was kept quiet. The excuse the gov via media is they say some groups use these cases as a means against them. Well in fact, they have a right to know about it publically in their interest of safety. For them to silence any person is not democracy. They simply are so scared to lose votes!

right,,,,...... ok time and a place dude....

anyways on subject of ED has anyone got the beta working from the oculus install? i have it installed but can onlt get it to fire up if i load from desktop mode and then i cant switch back to vr

i am doing fresh install of the frontier drm free version but that will prolly count me out for tonight.

thanks