cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Elite Dangerous Desktop Mode

Sorith
Explorer
I know this is bugged at the moment. I can run the game through the .exe but I do not have my frontier account key to play they game since I purchased off the Oculus store. How can I retrieve this key so I can make/link a frontier account. 
5 REPLIES 5

maxpare79
Trustee
Surely the home version requires you to create a Frontier Account... This a MMO... How will you log in without your account? Unless they made the Home Version offline only
I am a spacesim/flightsim/racesim enthusiast first 🙂 I9 9900k@5.0, 32gb RAM/ 2080ti Former DK2, Gear VR,CV1 and Rift S owner

Sorith
Explorer

maxpare79 said:

Surely the home version requires you to create a Frontier Account... This a MMO... How will you log in without your account? Unless they made the Home Version offline only

Yes, I am guessing you are prompted to once launched from Oculus home. I have not received my headset yet so can not launch the game that way. The "desktop mode" is bugged at the moment if you do not have a headset plugged in. I went ahead and made a frontier account from their website but do not have a key to active Elite Dangerous which I just purchased off Oculus.I just want to know if there is a way to get my key so I can activate my frontier account.

Synthetic
Rising Star
go into c: oculus store and find the game files of elite
C:\Program Files (x86)\Oculus\Software\frontier-developments-plc-elite-dangerous\Products\elite-dangerous-64

run elite launcher from there

might work edit: oh you need a key for that.... sorry my bad

Sorith
Explorer

Synthetic said:

go into c: oculus store and find the game files of elite
C:\Program Files (x86)\Oculus\Software\frontier-developments-plc-elite-dangerous\Products\elite-dangerous-64

run elite launcher from there

might work edit: oh you need a key for that.... sorry my bad

Exactly. I got that far:) I just can't log in because I dont have an account. I created one but then need a key lol 😛

PostalGoat
Protege
To avoid things like this with major titles, would it be best to buy everything on Steam vs the store?