cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

Elite: Dangerous - Tips For Beginners

Ganjaroach
Level 3



I compiled a list of tips and apps for people just starting out in Elite: Dangerous. Not directly related to the Rift but they can be very useful for the game it self. Things like how to stay at top speed, finding the entrance to stations easily, auto thrusting while in super cruse, trading tools, voice control, Etc. Hopefully this will help anyone new to the game! πŸ˜„
8 REPLIES 8

grimdar
Level 5
Great video.

Elite Dangerous is AMAZING. I just picked it up a couple days ago and it blew my mind. I don't want to start a comparison debate, but it feels generations ahead of Star Citizen.

The only problem I've been running into is getting interdicted really often, and before I can even re-engage hyperdrive I get blown out of the sky, losing everything. I'm more of a trader than a fighter.. so maybe there's something I haven't figured out.

ClarenceL
Level 2
It's beta, and there are no repercussions yet for killing each other, so that's how it'll be for a while. Unfortunately not much for pacifists and traders to do except play around, heck there wasn't even fuel consumption before. Just don't take it personally πŸ™‚

Ganjaroach
Level 3
"grimdar" wrote:
Great video.

Elite Dangerous is AMAZING. I just picked it up a couple days ago and it blew my mind. I don't want to start a comparison debate, but it feels generations ahead of Star Citizen.

The only problem I've been running into is getting interdicted really often, and before I can even re-engage hyperdrive I get blown out of the sky, losing everything. I'm more of a trader than a fighter.. so maybe there's something I haven't figured out.


Soon as it throws you out of hyper drive turn off flight assist and hit boost, hyper drive should cool down shortly after. If you are playing online and simply don't want to bother with other people just hit solo play instead. You can still get knocked out of hyper drive but it is easier to get away. πŸ™‚

"ClarenceL" wrote:
It's beta, and there are no repercussions yet for killing each other, so that's how it'll be for a while. Unfortunately not much for pacifists and traders to do except play around, heck there wasn't even fuel consumption before. Just don't take it personally πŸ™‚


Don't you get bounties on your head if you kill people? I haven't killed anyone yet just assumed that is what the bounty was for. πŸ™‚

RiftXdev
Level 3
if you want to trade, play solo.


if you get interdicted, boost (with or without FA you'll still escape) then engage frameshift drive and you'll be back in SC before you know it.
DK1 | DK2
"The question isn't who is going to let me but rather who is going to stop me"

grodenglaive
Level 2
I just tried it out last night. DK2 integration was pretty simple, but I get a lot of judder when looking around. The inside of the ship is well done, but things outside the ship look kind of flat, like my depth of field is off. Also my avatar is too small. There are sliders for IPD and FOV in the graphics options, but they don't have any effect.
Does anyone else notice any graphical abnormalities?
GA-Z97X-gaming gt; i5-4670k; Nvidia780Ti; 16GB PC3-17066; win7-64 bit; DK2

acarrilho
Level 3
"grimdar" wrote:
The only problem I've been running into is getting interdicted really often, and before I can even re-engage hyperdrive I get blown out of the sky, losing everything. I'm more of a trader than a fighter.. so maybe there's something I haven't figured out.


I scavenged gold for a viper, stripped it down, and that's basically as fast as you can be in the game... :mrgreen: Not exactly a freighter, but being that fast is pretty fun, even for trading purposes.
G3258 @4.4MHz GTX970 8GB RAM Windows 7 64

sephirenn
Level 2
If you lock onto a station and look at the floating diagram to the front left of your ship, you will see also see a little indentation where the dock is.

Ganjaroach
Level 3
"sephirenn" wrote:
If you lock onto a station and look at the floating diagram to the front left of your ship, you will see also see a little indentation where the dock is.


Thanks for the tip, never noticed that before.