cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FPS/Performance Info?

FalconFSX
Explorer
How do I check the FPS I'm getting in a game/app?  Specifically, how do I know if I need to lower graphics settings?  I assume it would be obvious if it was skipping, but otherwise?

I think I'm getting a little sick from using it and trying to make sure my setup is optimal.  (Brand new VR user)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Stelzer
Expert Protege
You can use MSI Afterburner play a little and then check it on your monitor. 

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
What is your computer, does it meet the min spec? Using a Rift or DK2? Which game?

(if you're not sure you meet min spec, run the tool, or look for a message on the client saying you are below minspec--ironically my primary dev machine is not even min-spec due to CPU)

FalconFSX
Explorer
I've tried a variety so far, none that I've spent a lot of time on (Lucky's, Eve, PCars, DCS).  Not quite recommended specs but pretty close.  970 w/ overlocked 2600k.  I may be a new one when the next NVIDIAs come out, but trying this for now.

This is with CV1.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Those games should be fine I would think. What's DCS? How do games rated "comfortable" feel to you? If the camera moves, and you've never done VR before, it will take a little getting used to. Most people get ok with it after a short time. I'd compare it to riding a bike--different people adapt at different speeds, but there is a little bit to get used to for things where the camera is moving.

Stelzer
Expert Protege

Powerboy
Protege

Stelzer said:

U can also connect with a phone and see performance on other device display

FalconFSX
Explorer
So the MSI application shows the FPS on the headset?  I'll download it and see if I can figure it out.  I assume it doesn't require an MSI card?

DCS:  http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/

FalconFSX
Explorer
Thanks, I was able to get it working.  Will have to play with DCS settings.  As I expected, at medium its dropping to around 60, low is at 90.

Anonymous
Not applicable
If it's not a featured Oculus title, there could be performance issues for sure. Anything that performs well they are happy to have on their store.