cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flyinside's new Flight simulator (Released)

Techy111
MVP
MVP
We are hoping to release this week as open beta folks. Here is a little trailer  🙂

https://youtu.be/JDHBA46Z3-8
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

49 REPLIES 49

Techy111
MVP
MVP
And oh boy, it's silky in VR if I say so myself 🙂
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

sford52
Heroic Explorer
wow, that looks nice! Really nice.

I see from your web site  http://wiki.flyinside-fsx.com/index.php/Hardware_Setup that:
a) it does run with fsx se
b) it doesn't have additional hardware requirements above the Oculus min reqs.

SO,
1) does it support all airplanes -  fsx included,  freeware and payware
   kowing that payware may be unusable due to its own added demands
2) do I set my console to 2d or 3d

I do run fsx-se on my laptop with a logitech extreme 3d pro in a on laptop usb port and I would imagine the laptop screen is the primary.

I would guess that the thing to do is try the trial version and see if it works.

ASUS ROG Strix GL702VS-AH73 17.3" Laptop.  I7-7700HQ, GTX1070, 12 GB DDR4 RAM, 500 EVO 970 GB SSD, VS 2017, Oculus rift, Windows 10 home

Techy111
MVP
MVP
Mate I need to speak with Dan !!! This is a NEW simulator not to be confused with our plug in for xplane fsx or p3d. It should be clearer and I'll get that changed asap. So to clarify, this is not for other sims but a new SIM built from the ground up.

sford52
Heroic Explorer

Techy111 said:

Mate I need to speak with Dan !!! This is a NEW simulator not to be confused with our plug in for xplane fsx or p3d. It should be clearer and I'll get that changed asap. So to clarify, this is not for other sims but a new SIM built from the ground up.

No problem, no hurry @Techy111  I'll be hanging around with Liv on the ship searching for ^%&@^$ sat cubes.
Thanks
ASUS ROG Strix GL702VS-AH73 17.3" Laptop.  I7-7700HQ, GTX1070, 12 GB DDR4 RAM, 500 EVO 970 GB SSD, VS 2017, Oculus rift, Windows 10 home

Techy111
MVP
MVP
Lmao I wasn't being rude mate, I was slapping myself, should of made it clearer. Sorry

Techy111
MVP
MVP
Specs to run the sim =
A 1050 or AMD equivalent for non VR 2d

For VR:

-Minimum: Oculus specs for vr

-Rec: GTX 1070, 16GB RAM

Any questions please ask.

http://www.flyinside-flightsim.com

sford52
Heroic Explorer
Dont worry @T, I didn't think you were being rude.   I didnt get the difference but after taking some time at the site I see it now

WRT the new  sim, I'm pretty nervous about the VR version since my laptop GTX 1070 only has 8GB.  I may still d/l it, but I'm pretty set I'm my MS FSX bad habit ways, using MSFS since 1.0 first came out in the early 80s.

Will probably also try the VR FlyInside FSX Pro 1.96 - for Flight Simulator X, it was one of the reasons I bought the Rift in the first place.

Thanks again my friend!

Techy111
MVP
MVP
I'm pretty certain that the 1070 8gb will be fine for our sim in VR 😉

Outrunne33
Protege
Fantastic, i tried using Flyinside with FSX the other day and i was not having much luck. I look forward to testing this.