cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

From Other Suns Tips

Anonymous
Not applicable
Feel free to add some if you have any.

- If you go to an enemy's tactical area and blow it up with your guns, the captain can't shoot your ship. I play solo and had my ship blown up a few times while trying to loot pirates, until someone mentioned it. This is quicker and saves your ship's ammo. Shoot the enemy ship once to break the jam, then teleport over.

- Upgrading your teleporter a few times can make your lock-on time as low as 6 or even 4 seconds, which seems more useful than other upgrades. You shouldn't need the med bay much unless you're soloing, out of medpacks, and are the last crew member alive or don't want to lose one. Then you'd have to walk back to the teleporter, lock on to your ship, and go back.

- Cards only work on the station they were picked up on. Many stations and ships have blue doors, but a card picked up on one station will be useless on the next.

- A rank III hackatron can fail and break on a 95% chance, then a rank II with a 75% chance on the same computer can randomly succeed. 

- If you shut off the reactor on a ship, everything in it will shut off, and once the oxygen level hits 0, your health will rapidly decline. You'll be dead in roughly 10-15 seconds.

- Judging by messages from the commander, it appears that you have to keep jumping to the right on the star chart, as the aliens keep moving from the left towards you.

- If you look at your ship's schematic, the top right room is the captain's quarters and has more wall spots to store weapons. If you're ever fighting and the game tells you you were rewarded a legendary weapon, it will be placed on that wall the next time you are on your ship.

- Shields are somewhat useless, because not only does the enemy sometimes use explosives or disc weapons, when your dominant hand sticks past the shield, you can get hit.

- You only really need to dual wield for tough enemies like dual wielding robots that fire rockets, the aliens that drop from vents, bosses, or if there's a group of armed enemies. A default legendary pistol with 180 or even 162 damage can kill a pirate in one magazine with well placed shots.

- The shock burst and auto laser pistols aren't too great (regardless of the number), while laser beams and disc weapons are amazing. Dual wielding laser beams of any damage type will melt the aliens that drop from vents. Pistols and single shot rifles are also great when you need that quick projectile with decent accuracy.

- Some bosses, such as the laser turret that hangs from the ceiling, can be kited with the two barriers. Shoot, back out when it fires, go back in, rinse and repeat. Shots against the red dot before and right after it fires appears to do more damage. Pistol is great for this because of the high accuracy and decent damage. There's ammo racks there for infinite ammo.
74 REPLIES 74

Ravenger
Expert Protege
Hacking the captains terminal doesn't do anything, it's either a bug or a feature that was never completed.

bigmike20vt
Visionary
You could imagine a cool feature where if you have it it would make some form of ships auto defence system turn off or better yet turn it against the ships own crew
Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR 🙂

keir311291
Honored Guest

You could imagine a cool feature where if you have it it would make some form of ships auto defence system turn off or better yet turn it against the ships own crew

something like that would be cool. or bring up a sort of interface to disable ships systems weapons or reactor...or blow up the reactor and give you limited time to get off. 

Jake_Dragon
Adventurer
For the most part this game is awesome!! It could use some new content but its still so much fun.
For new people please talk, nothing worse than joining a game and no ones says anything.
Random games are getting harder to find, I fear that without new content FoS is going to fade away.

Having been to earth several times and beat the mother ship I am now just happy to fly around and do missions, trying to get achievements before the mother ship reaches earth.
This game needs a sandbox, before you go there yes I know but would rather have a supported way to sandbox the game.

I still hold out hope that more content is on the way and we will be able to mop up the remaining aliens and visit new rebuilt space stations with new missions. 

w_benjamin
Adventurer
After you win, they should set up a scenario where you agree to meet the aliens at their home world to work out a peace agreement, so the federation labels you a traitor and sets out for the alien home world to destroy them.

Now it's the game in reverse where you head left across the screen with the federation armada behind you chasing you..
All the jobs become even more difficult while you race to meet the aliens and work out a peace agreement to avert an all out space war.

It ends with you boarding the armada's flagship where you have to find a way to relay a communication back to earth that the aliens have agreed to peace.

A fitting end to this game I think.