cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Game Crash at critical point (possible spoilers inside)

Malreyn
Honored Guest
My game is constantly crashing at the same point in the game. It always happens after the EMP when Liv's foot is stuck. I use the laser to try to cut her free, the EMP happens and laser goes offline. When the laser comes back online and I finish cutting, the game always crashes at the same spot. At first, it just looks like massive framerate issues, but then the display just freezes and when I get back to the windows desktop, there is a bug crash report screen,

I have 16gb ram, 6th gen Core i5, and a GTX 1070. I've already set textures to Low and set up a permanent 16gb swap file in windows but, none of that helps. I've tried loading a previous save and that didn't help either.

Anybody else crash here or have any suggestions? This is the only time the game has ever crashed on me.
9 REPLIES 9

i_am_timdorr
Honored Guest
I'm also getting crashes here. I was able to get to the point where I'm back inside the station, but it immediately crashes upon loading the game. I get the option to submit a bug report, and have been doing so, but I'm not sure of a work around...

Malreyn
Honored Guest
I've submitted a few bug reports too. The game was just getting good and I can't even play it anymore!

LilTrashPanda
Expert Protege
Hi Malreyn,

Sorry to hear about these issues; have you been filling out the BugSplat reporter when it pops up? If so, could you PM me the email you've filled in with those reports so we can pull those logs and investigate them further on this side?

If you haven't been filling out the BugSplat reports, please do so and include a keyword like "Malreyn" so it's easy for us to identify it.

Thanks!

i_am_timdorr
Honored Guest
LilTrashPanda, I just submitted a bugsplat report to you. I left name "timdorr" in there so you can easily find it. According to the logs, the stack allocator ran out of memory. I'm not seeing the app consume the full amount of RAM that I have (I have 16GB + 4GB swap available), so I'm unsure of why it would be running out. Drivers are all up to date too.

Hope that helps, but let me know if you need any more info. I included my email on the report if you want to reach out directly.

Malreyn
Honored Guest
I just submitted a bug report with the name Malreyn and I also typed Malreyn into the description to make it easy for you to find. Let me know if you need anymore info.

Alucard_ICGA
Honored Guest
Same bug here. Crash after cutting the panel.

Edit:
solved by temporary lowering the global settings to low, just for the time needed to pass the troubled scene.

ntkoopman
Honored Guest
I have the same problem. Unfortunately, lowering the settings didn't help

Malreyn
Honored Guest
This has been happening to me for about a month now. The game is totally unplayable for me and I'm getting no support from the devs even though I've submitted multiple bug reports as they have suggested. Lowering setting did not help me. I have never, ever, had a problem this bad in any game in my life. 

ntkoopman
Honored Guest
Turned out I had disabled the Windows page file. After enabling it again I could continue past the crashing scene.