cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get native Oculus driver support in Cosmonious High (Steam version) by adding a launch parameter

RuneSR2
Level 15

Get native Oculus driver support in the Steam version of Cosmonious High by adding the launch parameter "-vrmode oculus". I just tested it, and with "-vrmode oculus" now the game starts in my Oculus hmd, and SteamVR no longer starts. If you don't have a very fast rig, you may find that using native Oculus drivers increases performance a lot.

Btw, here's a trailer:

Get the game here: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1491490/Cosmonious_High/

Note that the trailer above shows the PC version - only the PC version has the nice detailed real-time shadows like shown in the above trailer.

Some screenshots from the PCVR version:

Cosmonious_High_Speech-Bubble-1024x576.JPG

   

Cosmonious_High_New-Power-1024x576.jpg

FPBpCqhXsAUBWTm.jpg

Note that Cosmonious High is made for small kids, not even teenagers. I'd say it's perfect for kids aged 5 to 10. 12 will probably be too much. Road To VR also just confirmed this is a game for small kids:

"In fact, Cosmonious High overall feels like a game designed for children. The world as portrayed feels like a pre-teen’s notion of what a fantasy high school could be like. And while there’s no problem with games for kids, it’s an odd audience to target considering the game’s key platform, Quest 2, is explicitly for kids 13 and older. When I imagine an actual high-schooler playing Cosmonious High I envision a lot of eye rolling.
And I think it’s important to here to make the distinction between ‘family friendly’ and ‘made for children’. I’d call a movie like Finding Nemo ‘family friendly’; while it’s appropriate for kids, adults can enjoy it just as well. Cosmonious High, on the other hand, feels more ‘made for children’ than not—more so than the ‘family friendly’ Job Simulator & Vacation Simulator."
https://www.roadtovr.com/cosmonious-high-review-quest-2-steam-vr/

I do like both Job and Vacation Simulator, but I'm really close to refunding Cosmonious High due to being targeted only small kids - but I've chosen to keep this game for my son. After getting the game to work with the Rift CV1, my 10 year old son finally could experience the game - and he was blown away, first thing he asked me this morning: "Dad, when can I play again?" 🙂 

Thus I'm too old to rate this game, it's not a game made for me 🙂  

Valve Index & Oculus Rift CV1, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 8TB
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

2 REPLIES 2

RuneSR2
Level 15

Hmmm, my 10 year old son now has about 6 hours in the game and says this is - by far - the best VR game ever.

Unfortunately this means I've been sitting in the couch, where I'm sitting right now, for 6 hours the last 2 days, sigh - but I never leave him alone in VR. 

So do consider this a warning, lol.

Valve Index & Oculus Rift CV1, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 8TB

RuneSR2
Level 15

I've now been doing even more couch time, but after more than 10 hours, my son has finished the game - but there are still a few assignments left to do.

Btw, some more trailers showing the PC version, here the powers you can get:

- and some strange ... visitor: