cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ghostship Aftermath - Made for VR -Now on Steam!

Ghostship
Explorer
The full game of Ghostship aftermath NoneVR is now available on Steam. The VR version will be available for Pre-orders this weekend and available on the store (included with NoneVR version - you get both VR and NoneVR games)next week, I am aiming for the 8th August!

This was game was made for VR and the first release is for DK1

GSAP5.jpg

The First DLC "Hassle Free" is free roaming of the CDF Goliath with no enemies! and no objectives! Just explore and have fun! Fullfill your sci-fi VR needs!

And best of all the this first DLC is FREE!

Thanks to everyone for their support and feedback! Its been a long 2 years and i look forward to bringing the dk2 compatible version when we can the UDK sdk for DK2.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/280890
Developer of Ghostship and CDF Starfighter.
23 REPLIES 23

mrchampipi
Honored Guest
Amazing! Do you have any estimate for the DK2 version?

khazar
Honored Guest
Really enjoyed the short experience with my DK2. Sadly it has the resolution of the DK1 and therefore looks kinda horrible. 😉 But the overall feeling was very enjoyable. As soon as you have a DK2 compatible version of the game, I will definitely buy it! 🙂
DK2 Status: ARRIVED AND WORKING Arrival: 29.07.

Ghostship
Explorer
"khazar" wrote:
Really enjoyed the short experience with my DK2. Sadly it has the resolution of the DK1 and therefore looks kinda horrible. 😉 But the overall feeling was very enjoyable. As soon as you have a DK2 compatible version of the game, I will definitely buy it! 🙂

Hi, we have not released the VR version yet, as I said earlier, I am aiming for 8th August.

The first version will be DK1, we are waiting on the UDK sdk for dk2 compatibility, as this is going to take some time we are getting the DK1 version out so we can then work on CDF Ghostship and get Back to an aftermath DK2 update when it becomes available.

Thanks 🙂

khazar
Honored Guest
"Ghostship" wrote:
"khazar" wrote:

Hi, we have not released the VR version yet, as I said earlier, I am aiming for 8th August.

The first version will be DK1, we are waiting on the UDK sdk for dk2 compatibility, as this is going to take some time we are getting the DK1 version out so we can then work on CDF Ghostship and get Back to an aftermath DK2 update when it becomes available.

Thanks 🙂

Hey, I'm a little confused.

Will the VR version be "Ghostship Aftermath" and come as an update? Or do I have to buy another version?
DK2 Status: ARRIVED AND WORKING Arrival: 29.07.

Ghostship
Explorer
"khazar" wrote:
"Ghostship" wrote:
"khazar" wrote:

Thanks 🙂

Hey, I'm a little confused.

Will the VR version be "Ghostship Aftermath" and come as an update? Or do I have to buy another version?

Hi,

Ghostship Aftermath is one game, the None Vr and the VR versions are both part of the game, you don't have to buy them separate.

The first VR release on the 8th, is DK1 compatible. As explained I am waiting for the SDK for UDK to enable the game to be fully DK2 compatible, and as this will not happen for a while The DK1 version is being released first.

Ghostship aftermath will have free content, 1 free DLC and 2 paid DLCs.

CDF Ghostship is due for Release Halloween (which is a different game - but a prequel to Aftermath) This will now be none-VR for the foreseeable future and is being aimed at the PC gamer so it will not have controller support.

Ghostship
Explorer
Hi everyone, I am proud to announce :

Ghostship Aftermath VR has now been unleashed! Have fun 🙂

GSANss1.jpg

Thanks to everyone for your support, your feedback and shaping the final full release of Ghostship Aftermath. 🙂 🙂

jeffgoldwarf
Protege
I actually bought this on Steam because I was so starved for VR content, and I want to warn anyone else considering a purchase to STAY AWAY. This is one of the buggiest, messiest, most frustrating games I have ever had the misfortune of playing. There are countless issues ranging from frequent crashes to progress stopping bugs to bizarre graphical glitches to mind boggling design decisions (pressing escape quits the game and erases all of your progress without warning— WHAT??). Seriously, read some of the reviews on the Steam store page to get a better idea because the problems are too numerous for me to list here. As if that weren't enough, the VR implementation is really terrible. Incorrect scale, high latency head tracking, jerky and nauseating head movements and stair climbing, objects and UI elements that are right up against your face so you have to go crosseyed to look at them, etc etc etc. It's like the developers read the Oculus best practice guidelines and decided to do the exact opposite of everything written there. It's apps like this that make me wish for some sort of refund system on Steam. 😐

Ghostship
Explorer
"jeffgoldwarf" wrote:
I actually bought this on Steam because I was so starved for VR content, and I want to warn anyone else considering a purchase to STAY AWAY. This is one of the buggiest, messiest, most frustrating games I have ever had the misfortune of playing. There are countless issues ranging from frequent crashes to progress stopping bugs to bizarre graphical glitches to mind boggling design decisions (pressing escape quits the game and erases all of your progress without warning— WHAT??). Seriously, read some of the reviews on the Steam store page to get a better idea because the problems are too numerous for me to list here. As if that weren't enough, the VR implementation is really terrible. Incorrect scale, high latency head tracking, jerky and nauseating head movements and stair climbing, objects and UI elements that are right up against your face so you have to go crosseyed to look at them, etc etc etc. It's like the developers read the Oculus best practice guidelines and decided to do the exact opposite of everything written there. It's apps like this that make me wish for some sort of refund system on Steam. 😐

We have not had any VR reviews yet on steam. From the first impression to the press copies which went its been a great response. We have had a handfull of thumbs down reviews, and many more good. All the pre-orders have been hapy with early access and the game has been guided through feedback.

We will be getting the official press reviews back over the next few weeks, as it is such a big game it will take a couple fo weeks.

As the sole dev, I value everyone's feedback, even those couple of people on steam today who have tried to cause some trouble. So if you encounter any bugs or have any issues like you mention above, please report them in the VR bug report thread on steam. You are wearing a helmet with your displays literally right in front of your face. (Put your hand a few inches from your face and try and focus on a part of it) We have tried to keep it real, you have to focus on the display you are looking at, but most are none game important, just the clear ones such as health and ammo etc.

As the game was developed with invaluable feedback from you guys, If you really want this changing - speak up on the forums, and it might be changed if popular enough.

Not everyone will like the game, that is normal, but as you can see from playthroughs on youtube, there are a lot of people having a lot of fun.

Christiaan
Protege
I've got to wait for DK2 compatibility, but I appreciate the effort for one dev to put together an entire game. Looking forward to it!

P.S. - after reading jeffgoldwarf's scathing review, I couldn't help but search his previous posts. I encourage anyone who is ready to pre-judge this effort to do the same. Nothing negative to say from me. I'll let you be the judge. Hopefully that will put things into perspective a bit.