cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Earth VR Crashing

Anonymous
Not applicable
My Google Earth VR keeps crashing! I even uninstalled and reinstalled and I get same issue!
23 REPLIES 23

spence153
Honored Guest
same here and can't find a fix

Anonymous
Not applicable
same here and ditto... no fix

YoLolo69
Trustee
Did it crash immediately? perhaps you can check where it create the cache and which size was set. The cache is by default in the 'hidden" appdata directory. For me is here:

"C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Google\VR\Earth'

It's in the "earth_vr_preferences.json" file you can edit with Wordpad or notepad (backup first). You have the path and the size at the bottom (2MB by default). Try to move it elsewhere (E.g other HDD). Possibly a write Right problem or size?

Just guessing...

“Dreams feel real while we are in them, it's only when we wake up that we realize something was strange.” - Dom Cobb

"Be careful, if you are killed in real life you die in VR too." - TD_4242

I7 10700K,  RTX 3070, 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz, Oculus Rift CV1

Short_One
Explorer
Same, crashes as loading or during the welcome tour. Worked ok yesterday.

YoLolo69
Trustee
Just spent more than an hour in it, and with new 1.14 drivers, and perfect, no problem at all here. My only problem is you can't leave it cleanly AFAIK, I have to force return to Home, and kill the App in the Task manager.

“Dreams feel real while we are in them, it's only when we wake up that we realize something was strange.” - Dom Cobb

"Be careful, if you are killed in real life you die in VR too." - TD_4242

I7 10700K,  RTX 3070, 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz, Oculus Rift CV1

cybereality
Grand Champion
Can you check which version of the Oculus app you have (in Settings -> General look at the bottom)? You should see either 1.13 or 1.14 (which a bunch of numbers at the end).
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Short_One
Explorer
1.13 for me, no sign of 1.14 yet but I seem to get all updates really late (It's not annoying at all, hardly at all, actually aaarrrgggghhhh I can't use so many things everytime I am waiting for an update)

softwarescout
Honored Guest
Same problem here as well. I tried re-installing but to no avail. I'm not seeing this json file mentioned above in the same location nor in a file search on the HDD.  I'm using Oculus v1.13.0.362051. I clicked Google Earth Start button, the Start button spins for a second, the screen flashes then nothing.  Back to main screen.

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have same ploblem. I dont start google earth VR