cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Guided Meditation - Virtual Reality Relaxation *0.4.4*

CubicleNinjas
Protege
Rest and relax in four exotic locales across the globe with Guided Meditation. Click here to download the Guided Meditation DK2 demo (1.02).

This is a taste of a larger app we're planning for consumer Oculus Rift release. Want to help guide future content? Vote on our roadmap!

Costa Del Sol

Yokosuka Garden

Birchnut Forest

Cosmo Canyon

Hope you enjoy! 🙂
24 REPLIES 24

acarrilho
Explorer
Not working for me. Tried the recommended and other Rift configurations, all I get is a black screen with the music.

Intel G3258 @ 4.20GHz
4,00 GB RAM
HD 7790
G3258 @4.4MHz GTX970 8GB RAM Windows 7 64

CubicleNinjas
Protege
"acarrilho" wrote:
Not working for me. Tried the recommended and other Rift configurations, all I get is a black screen with the music.

Intel G3258 @ 4.20GHz
4,00 GB RAM
HD 7790

Thanks for the info Acrrilho! I might try forcing D311 as this seems to be an issue for some set-ups. We will keep investigating and update the app this week if we can find a fix.

There is also a super secret we've dubbed 'old computer mode'. It doesn't sound like you need it, but if you press 'O' it will remove the most intensive extra elements of a scene.

VirtuousRivalit
Explorer
Hello,

it ran here with no issues with DK2 in extended mode, using 64 bit shortcut. The only small issue I had was on framerate, most of times to 75fps but it seems particles are hitting my rig quite a lot: as soon as you "teleport" for instance, the small white particples make the framerate to drop to 50/60 fps, then only after a moment (when most of those particles disapperead) the framerate will be back to 75 fps.

I liked very much your application; actually my preferred parts were the introductions to each world; my wish would be to have a mode in which you only fly in this way in the beautiful environments you created, in a loop (randomly generated path would be even better but I guess that would mean a lot of work).

I tried a bit the relaxation part, even if that gives an idea for me the ergonomics on the DK2 are still not good enough to be able to really fall into deep relaxation. That should be working perfectly for the CV1, which will be much lighter if we trust those who tested Crescent Bay.

Thanks for this application, I think I will use it in my "first play" demo list to demonstrate to Friends the possibilities of the Oculus rift as well.

vrtrader
Honored Guest
I think it would be great to have an option to choose whether or not you want a narrator or not! I like the Japanese experience and the island one!
Gridcoin, Boinc Scientific Cryptocurrency: viewtopic.php?f=24&t=4995

uvflyer
Honored Guest
You have created some great scenes! Although I have not used it for the meditation it is meant for I found it really interesting to just look around. My system had a hard time in most scenes, it depended on the direction I was looking if it would run smooth or not, but this is something I am getting used to since it is almost this way in all demo´s for me!

The beach and trees on it looked really great, wish I could sit on top of some of those rocks, that would be awesome! It would also be great to just float randomly around or something.

Maybe there is something you can change during the time your in a scene. So for instance in a random interval the suns location/intensity changes, or there will be clouds, birds, a ship, animals in general etc. Good change that is not what you want this experience to be like, but that was the first thing I thought about when being on the beach.

ziphnor
Expert Protege
Cant get this to work 😞 If the configit util is set to Direct mode, then i get:
"GetRemoteProcAddress() failed", "WARNING:Cannot inject driver DLL", followed by a windows with a black screen on my monitor, and the DK2 light staying orange. I do get sound though. In extended mode i get the window halfway on my monitor and halfway on the Rift, but the window is still just black.

System:
Windows 8.1
i7 860
Radeon 6870 (latest drivers)
Dk2 with firmware 2.12
Windows 8.1 | i7 5820k@4.3Ghz | Asus Strix 980 GTX | Asus X99-A motherboard | 32GB DDR4 2133Mhz | 1TB Samsung 840 EV0 SSD | Corsair HX750i PSU

molton
Explorer
I've been waiting for this one, thank you very much. I will use this immediatly when I get home from my overnight stocking job which sucks so bad I could really use something like this. I think you are really on to something with this concept, people that hate computers and don't know what to do with them will probably love this kind of thing as long as someone else gets it ready for them.

CubicleNinjas
Protege
Thanks for the feedback everyone! 😄

"VirtuousRivality" wrote:
it ran here with no issues with DK2 in extended mode, using 64 bit shortcut. The only small issue I had was on framerate, most of times to 75fps but it seems particles are hitting my rig quite a lot: as soon as you "teleport" for instance, the small white particples make the framerate to drop to 50/60 fps, then only after a moment (when most of those particles disapperead) the framerate will be back to 75 fps.

I liked very much your application; actually my preferred parts were the introductions to each world; my wish would be to have a mode in which you only fly in this way in the beautiful environments you created, in a loop (randomly generated path would be even better but I guess that would mean a lot of work).

Thanks VirtuousRivality! You nailed it on the particles. We need to reduce their impact on framerate, as they kill even 980's. And you read our mind on the looping. That is a feature planned within the final app. You'll be able to choose things like speed or path. 🙂

"VirtuousRivality" wrote:
Thanks for this application, I think I will use it in my "first play" demo list to demonstrate to Friends the possibilities of the Oculus rift as well.

This is the biggest compliment. Thanks so much.

"vrtrader" wrote:
I think it would be great to have an option to choose whether or not you want a narrator or not! I like the Japanese experience and the island one!

Thanks vrtrader! Consider it done. We'll have options for ambient audio, music audio, and narrator audio, as well as the option to swap meditations. So you could set the narrator to off and play music from your local drive or just chill out with the world noise. 🙂

"vrtrader" wrote:
You have created some great scenes! Although I have not used it for the meditation it is meant for I found it really interesting to just look around. My system had a hard time in most scenes, it depended on the direction I was looking if it would run smooth or not, but this is something I am getting used to since it is almost this way in all demo´s for me!

The beach and trees on it looked really great, wish I could sit on top of some of those rocks, that would be awesome! It would also be great to just float randomly around or something.

Thank you! Optimization is tough for VR as it is looking like 90FPS is the new standard next year. But we'll keep doing what we can to enhance everything to play best.

And I like the rocks idea. We've been toying with an option to go anywhere you might like...

"vrtrader" wrote:
Maybe there is something you can change during the time your in a scene. So for instance in a random interval the suns location/intensity changes, or there will be clouds, birds, a ship, animals in general etc. Good change that is not what you want this experience to be like, but that was the first thing I thought about when being on the beach.

You guys are awesome. This is also on our customization list.

"ziphnor" wrote:
"GetRemoteProcAddress() failed", "WARNING:Cannot inject driver DLL", followed by a windows with a black screen on my monitor, and the DK2 light staying orange. I do get sound though. In extended mode i get the window halfway on my monitor and halfway on the Rift, but the window is still just black.

It is never a good sign when you do a search for an error message and find the very place you came from. 😞

But this appears to be the direct mode/DX11 bugs we're seeing on a bunch of demos. We have (what feels like) a solid fix for these and aiming to release over the weekend. In the time being I might recommend using extended mode with the rift as primary monitor, or using Bilago's Launcher.

"molton" wrote:
I've been waiting for this one, thank you very much. I will use this immediatly when I get home from my overnight stocking job which sucks so bad I could really use something like this. I think you are really on to something with this concept, people that hate computers and don't know what to do with them will probably love this kind of thing as long as someone else gets it ready for them.

Thank you - really appreciate it Molton! Hope you enjoyed it. 🙂

ziphnor
Expert Protege
"CubicleNinjas" wrote:

"ziphnor" wrote:

It is never a good sign when you do a search for an error message and find the very place you came from. 😞

But this appears to be the direct mode/DX11 bugs we're seeing on a bunch of demos. We have (what feels like) a solid fix for these and aiming to release over the weekend. In the time being I might recommend using extended mode with the rift as primary monitor, or using Bilago's Launcher.

If i set the primary display to be the rift, and use extended mode, it does start completely on the Rift, but i still only get a black screen. I do get sound though. Really want to get this working, i am very interested in trying VR meditation 🙂
Windows 8.1 | i7 5820k@4.3Ghz | Asus Strix 980 GTX | Asus X99-A motherboard | 32GB DDR4 2133Mhz | 1TB Samsung 840 EV0 SSD | Corsair HX750i PSU