cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gun Club VR - Can we haz a LEFT Handed orientation?

DerekSpeare
Adventurer
Even though lefites are only about 10-12% of the population, we are out here.  FPS games have neglected us over the decades save for a few exceptions.  I just bought Gun Club VR and really, REALLY like it!  However, the player orientation in VR is right handed.  This means everything is on the wrong side for lefties.  And even though I can hold and shoot the gun in the left hand hand in the game, the reversed orientation with a right handed body is weird.  Surely I can use the practice with my off hand, but it is still quite awkward at best with mags out of place, sidearm equipped on the right hip, etc. 

That said, lefties unite!  Support left handed shooting!
derekspearedesigns.com
16 REPLIES 16

DerekSpeare
Adventurer
EDIT - if a reverse orientation is there, someone tell me how to set it up...thank you!
derekspearedesigns.com

DerekSpeare
Adventurer
More info:  There is a setting in the configuration menu for left handed, which is great, but it doesn't seem to work at all even when it's changed...soooo...
derekspearedesigns.com

GunClubDev
Explorer
Hi DerekSpeare.

Thats a great point. We intended to accommodate for left handed players.  I will look into why this isn't working right now. I appreciate the input and will endeavour to get it fixed ASAP.

DerekSpeare
Adventurer
Thank you!  Other than this little issue, the game is a ton of fun!
derekspearedesigns.com

edmg
Trustee
Any chance of adjusting the grip angle, or providing an in-game option to do so? The one real problem I have with the game is that the sights don't line up with my wrist, so I constantly have to push the front of the gun down while shooting. My wrist actually hurts this morning, I'm guessing from doing that too much last night.

nalex66
MVP
MVP

Hi DerekSpeare.

Thats a great point. We intended to accommodate for left handed players.  I will look into why this isn't working right now. I appreciate the input and will endeavour to get it fixed ASAP.

Glad to hear you're looking into it. I'm interested in this title, but if it's difficult to use left-handed, then that'll be a deal breaker for me.

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

DerekSpeare
Adventurer
Thanks for updating GCVR with the fix so that lefites can be properly equipped!  This is really GREAT support!  As it stands now, left handed players are loved equally as others 🙂

I recommend GCVR for anyone who wants to get their gun on.  The stages are a challenge, and the gun modeling, from what I have seen at this early point, is quite accurate.  You can even watch the bullet feed up the ramp and into the breach with G17...nice!

@Devs - I ran across one hiccup.  The rotating target stage which has certain targets ringed with a green circle do not appear quickly enough to finish the stage in the three minutes allotted.  Yes, I am shooting them almost instantly, but what's needed is more time or have the valid targets appear more quickly.
derekspearedesigns.com

edmg
Trustee
Wow, that was quick! I haven't found the perfect gun angle setting yet, but it's much easier to shoot now :).

The only other issue I've run into is that sometimes I start a stage and there's no round in the chamber, so I go to shoot and nothing happens until I cock it. I presume that's not intentional?

DerekSpeare
Adventurer
I believe that you have to cock your gun at the start of the stage.  From my experience the stage begins with no round in the chamber.  If you select the "restart" option at the end of a stage the gun will be in whatever state you left it at the end of the previous stage.  If you start a stage from the Armory/Outfitting area, the gun will be in an "unarmed" state when you enter the stage.
derekspearedesigns.com