cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gunman Contracts - new free John Wick game - looks great (Alyx mod)

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

Maybe more Max Payne than John Wick 🤔 Still looks great (requires the base game Half-Life: Alyx):

Gunman Contracts chapters 1 and 2 can be found here - everything is free, just subscribe and these chapters will be added to the Alyx workshop library and can be selected after launching Alyx:

https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197977590747/myworkshopfiles/?appid=546560

gunman-contract-1021x580.jpg

Not sure if hardware requirements differ much for Alyx - but they may do. 

More info here: https://www.roadtovr.com/half-life-alyx-mod-john-wick/

Some screenshots:

download.jpg

download (1).jpg

download (2).jpg

download (4).jpg

download (5).jpg

download (6).jpg

download (7).jpg

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

1 REPLY 1

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

This is now the most popular Alyx mod of them all. I tested it last night, and it was great fun.

In the very first level you're asked to hide your gun on your back - because others will shoot at you if they see your gun. So I walked around for many seconds with my hand holding the pistol on my back, got real close and then shot 3 dudes before they could react. Quite fun being able to hold the gun on your back, not sure this is possible without external tracking though. You do feel like some kind of John Wick, your opponents fall like in some action movie when shot.

The AI is still quite poor, most opponents are more like sitting ducks - thus they may wait in a room and not move out even if you're shooting several of their buddies in the next room. If you like Pistol Whip, this mod may be much better. Personally I like the more sci-fi-oriented mods better - like C17YSCAPE. 

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"