cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HYPERCAST VR - Virtual Yacht Experience

Chard6
Honored Guest
Hello Rifters!

Our Studio has just launched a new demo, It's live now on https://share.oculusvr.com/app/hypercast

The Hypercast Demo lets users experience what it feels like to be on a Yacht. We've designed the experience from the ground up to be comfortable in VR.

Hypercast creates next generation virtual reality experiences for Oculus Rift, providing fully immersive, interactive, and real-time exploration of virtually any environment.

From product experiences and environment visualisation to simulation, training and design applications - the Hypercast team brings leading experience working with the Oculus Rift.

See examples of our work at: http://www.hypercast.co.uk
Get in touch at: hello@hypercast.co.uk

Hammerhead & Hyperast Please spare us a like on social platforms: Facebook, Twitter
10 REPLIES 10

jakethedrake2
Honored Guest
"Chard6" wrote:
Hello Rifters!
We've designed the experience from the ground up to be comfortable in VR and run at a smooth 30fps on DK1.

I hope you realize that 30fps is NOT adequate for VR. 60fps is the absolute minimum.

Chard6
Honored Guest
Thankyou for your response; 30fps is a recommended guide-line based upon a minimum spec machine as outlined on the oculus share page. We've been hitting 60fps with the rift and 120fps without the rift on our machines. Please reply if you are noticing frame-rate drops.
Thanks!
Hammerhead & Hyperast Please spare us a like on social platforms: Facebook, Twitter

drash
Heroic Explorer
You certainly give the player a glimpse of life on a yacht in this experience. I started having thoughts of "so this is what it must be like... this is nice!".

I also inwardly chuckled seeing that no matter where you go, there's always going to be an iPad or other tablet around. 🙂

And finally, I liked the clear directions on the controls and the simple controls themselves. It's a small enough environment that the slow walking pace is well-suited, and that slow pace shows respect for your user.

Thanks for sharing this!
  • Titans of Space PLUS for Quest is now available on DrashVR.com

Chard6
Honored Guest
Hi Drash, I'm very glad you enjoyed it! We spent rather a long time fine-tuning the controls and the collision.
Simplicity was key here - We can't be sure that the people who play this demo experience will have prior experience of playing games or of using an Xbox Controller.
Thank you.

cubytes
Protege
flexing some design skills. HyperCast looks gorgeous. really great work. 🙂

i have actually been thinking a lot about how to create an interesting virtual world setting/experience...

Frito
Explorer
Backer "Have faith." -Palmer Luckey

MannyLectro
Explorer
I use the Rift standing with a xbox 360 controller. Any chance you could add support for it ??
Rift 3d models available here : viewtopic.php?t=1514

camerond93
Honored Guest
I rambled about this specific experience for a bit a few days ago - it was a lovely change after running around in the dark :lol: Though the space exploration build looks exceptionally gorgeous.

Chard6
Honored Guest
@Frito haha, man that image is too good!

@MannyLectro Hi Manny, Thank you for your feedback - this is something we will look into adding for the next update though it would require an options menu which we've not built yet.

@camerond93 WOW! Thank you for your fantastic video review! You've captured the essence of what we were trying to deliver perfectly!