Morrownale
Honored Guest
Good Lord...

I tested it and it works like a charm.
Totally looking forward playing the whole game with the DK2 :shock:

Edit: Thanks for the information!

BlackBull
Honored Guest
Team Fortress 2 works to, i have downloaded beta activate Virtual Reality, restart, activate another and play :lol:

REDxFROG
Honored Guest
Oh my god!!!
Been playing 1hour and I don't feel nauseous at all.
Just a little stressed (by the low resolution I guess) and hungry. I stopped in the middle of the air ride part.
I didn't think it would work this good already. It's totally awesome. Looks like I'm going to play through the whole game again. 8-)

Morrownale
Honored Guest
"BlackBull" wrote:
Team Fortress 2 works to, i have downloaded beta activate Virtual Reality, restart, activate another and play :lol:

:shock: I'm going to test this tomorrow! But that are really good news!

crisu
Honored Guest
Work with steady 75 FPS, when I look around with mouse, no issues there. But head tracking is a disaster, it drags like there is no tomorrow.

stonej
Honored Guest
"crisu" wrote:
Work with steady 75 FPS, when I look around with mouse, no issues there. But head tracking is a disaster, it drags like there is no tomorrow.

ditto. got mine work. But the laggy / jerky tracking has made me feel very sick 😞 hopefully i can get that fixed as right now i want to barf. (only played about 30mins).

REDxFROG
Honored Guest
Perhaps reduce settings a little? AF & AA down?

renz004
Honored Guest
works wonderfully.

Head tracking seems to be good, but I still ended up feeling a bit dizzy after 30 minutes. I'm not sure if it still needs more tweaking or if it's just a result of using VR. Or maybe the head tracking still needs some tweaks. Hrm... Also whenever there is a loading screen and I'm unable to look around, I immediately get superrrr dizzy due to being restricted.

Also I noticed right away that the contrast/brightness is turned up way too high (dark shadows appear greenish because brightness too high.) In the game options the brightness config is greyed out/unclickable while VR is on, so I'll have to play with it a bit more later.

But anyways I'm excited to play through HL2 in VR ^_^ Also I'm really happy with the beta Steam VR menus.

Maniac618
Protege
Can't get it to work. loads in Oculus Rift but no head tracking and can't see any of the game apart from the titles and 'Halflife' at the beginning. It's pitch black during the rest of the game! What's going wrong? Also even though it is on my Rift, the resolution will only go to my monitor's max not the DK2s.

Very strange. *sigh*
Previous owner of DK2, current owner of Vive & Quest.